[NEohioPAL] CPT announces 2010-2011 Season!

Beth Wood BWood at cptonline.org
Sun Jul 4 08:07:20 PDT 2010

Cleveland Public Theatre Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan is proud to announce the 2010-2011 Season:

Go Deep … Go Long

Cleveland Public Theatre is the place for bold, new, adventurous and relevant works of performance. The 10-11 season includes 4 World Premieres, another production straight from the New York Public, four Midwest Premieres, and a remount of one of CPT’s original works. CPT continues its ground breaking development series with 8 weeks of Big [BOX], the return of Little Box and the 11th anniversary of CPT’s acclaimed performance series DanceWorks.

CPT’s philosophy – that the arts can literally change the world – is actualized through strategic programming and investing resources in new plays and emerging artists that deal directly with relevant issues of our times. The mission of CPT is to raise consciousness and nurture compassion through ground-breaking performances and life changing educational programs.

Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan says, “This season CPT is taking risks on new works that we believe are important and grapple with critical issues—and you won’t be bored. Theatre should never be boring. These are engaging performances that will make you think, laugh, cry, and ask for a second helping. Some will change your mind about what theatre can be. Did I say theatre? Maybe I meant to say, ‘dinner theatre.’”
Details on the 2010-2011 Season are below. For more information about individual productions, visit our website<http://cptonline.org/news-article-view.php?id=71>.

Pandemonium 10: The West Wild Side
Saturday, September 11, 2010
7:00pm, Tickets $125

The Book of Grace by Suzan-Lori Parks
Directed by Sheffia Randall Dooley
James Levin Theatre
September 30 – 16
Midwest Premiere

Don’t Call Me Fat by Ӧzen Yula
Directed by Ӧzen Yula
Gordon Square Theatre
October 7 – 30
World Premiere Production

Kill Will by Josh Brown and Kelly Elliott
Directed by Alison Garrigan.
Storefront Studio
October 14 – 30
World Premiere Production

Opera Per Tutti: Il Tabaro by Giacomo Puccini
Directed by Scott Skiba, Conducted by Kerry Glann
James Levin Theatre
October 22 and 24
CPT hosts Opera Per Tutti/Opera for All, Cleveland's newest professional opera company. Opera Per Tutti makes opera accessible, affordable and exciting!

Little Box
Storefront Studio
November 11 - 21
New Play Development

Y-Haven Theatre Project
Gordon Square Theatre
November 5 - 7

Conni’s Avant Garde Restaurant by Miss Conni Convergence and the Avantgardists
Gordon Square Theatre
December 1 – 18
Special ticket price.
Midwest Premiere

Big [BOX] ‘11
James Levin Theatre
January 14 – March 6
New Play Development

Darwinii by Glen Berger and Brett Keyser
Storefront Studio
March 3 – 19
Midwest Premiere

NEOMFA Playwrights Festival
James Levin Theatre
March 11 - 27
New Play Development

Women’s Voices
Gordon Square Theatre
March 24

FEVER/DREAM by Sheila Callaghan
Directed by Beth Wood
Gordon Square Theatre
April 7 - 23
Midwest Premiere

I Hate This and And Then You Die in repertory by David Hansen
Directed by Alison Garrigan
Storefront Studio
April 7 - 23
New Play Development

Insomnia by Holly Holsinger, Karin Randoja, and Chris Seibert
Directed by Karin Randoja, Designed by Joan Horvitz
James Levin Theatre
April 21 - May 7
World Premiere

DanceWorks 11
Gordon Square Theatre
May 5 - June 5

Cut to Pieces by Raymond Bobgan and Chris Seibert
Directed by Raymond Bobgan
James Levin Theatre
May 26 – June 4
New Play Development