[NEohioPAL] VOCAL BOOTCAMP....SIGN UP NOW!

Cleveland East ClevelandEast at schoolofrock.com
Thu Jul 8 16:38:38 PDT 2010

Vocal Boot Camp with Jared Koepp

This camp is designed to provide a fresh take on vocalization and performance for the moderately experienced to veteran vocal performer. Using a group-oriented approach, we'll explore physical, mental, and stylistic techniques in order to bolster and improve upon the natural talents of each singer. We will be using and encouraging all types of voices and singing styles, so anyone and everyone are welcome. Whether you're a Karaoke junkie, Diva-in-training, or a Punk Rock screamer, you'll leave every day with a little more knowledge, a little more attitude, and great chance you'll turn a few more heads next time you put your voice on display. The activities will include:

*       A reinforcement of paying attention to the basics: Posture, breath control, and vowel shaping.

*       Proper warm-up techniques for your voice and style.

*       How to take care of your voice, and what to do to maximize your performance when your body isn't quite up to it.

*       Choosing an audition or 'signature' song: Each camper should come prepared with a song that they think best represents their interest and style. We'll use that as a template and work toward improving it to sound as solid and professional as possible.

*       Ensemble singing: Campers will work together in groups to learn the importance and benefits of using harmony to turn many voices into one.

*       Genre Exploration: Learn Pop from Punk, Funk from Folk, and realize that EVERYTHING is Soul music.

*       A cappella singing: Learn how becoming your own band can help you sing better with one.

*       Stylistic Individuality: Influences are a necessity for great singers, but too much borrowing from your favorite artist might not be the best thing for your own voice. Learn which cool tricks are actually crutches, and how to make YOUR voice the best one to use.

Date: July 26-30 1:00 to 2:30

Price: $175

Laura Fumich General Manager

School of Rock, Highland Heights
299 Alpha Park
Highland Heights, OH 44143
Tel 440-684-ROCK (7625)
www.schoolofrock.com<http://www.schoolofrock.com>
www.facebook.com/schoolofrockcleveland<http://www.facebook.com/schoolofrockcleveland>
www.twitter.com/sorcleveland<http://www.twitter.com/sorcleveland>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB1ED5.29B81BB0]
"Saving rock and roll one kid at a time"