[NEohioPAL] Beachwood Theater Camp Celebrates 27th summer!

Jill Koslen Jill.Koslen at beachwoodohio.com
Sun Jul 18 16:07:50 PDT 2010

Beachwood Theatre Camp Celebrates Its 27th Summer
***This award-winning summer theater program encompasses a professional
theater experience through a nurturing, warm environment allowing every
student to shine.***

We are now in our 2nd 4 week session!

Jill Koslen-Freireich, founding director, selects the finest staff for
this award-winning theatre camp.
·       Vocal Instructor Beth Ray, 30+ years in musical direction and
education
·       Crafts Instructor Mary Braun, 30+ years in Cleveland
Heights-University Heights schools; art educator
·       Acting Instructor Geo. W. Crenshaw, 30+ years in education and
theater
·       Dance/Movement Instructor Eugene Sumlin, award-winning
choreographer and show choir director
·       Performance Instructor Rod Lawrence, Baldwin-Wallace musical
theater conservatory senior
·       Vocal Instructor Rory Sanders, featured vocalist and former CIM
instructor
Masters Workshopstaught by Marc Moritz, Kent State University theater
instructor, Jean Zarzour, professional actress and coach; Jeff
Blanchard, founding director of Cabaret Dada; and Brian Marshall,
professional actor and director.

Each 4 week session offers professionally taught classes in acting,
improv, dance, crafts and vocal performance.
Workshops foster growth for our younger performers while Masters
Workshops are tailored to challenge our more experienced performers.
All students receive a speaking role in the full-scale, two-act musical
Original production of...
Alicethe Musical
This original musical spins the tale of a modern Alice who befriends a
white rabbit and opposes peer pressure while gaining self-confidence and
independence by following her heart and trusting her instincts.
Original music has the sound of a modern Broadway production.

Field trips, guest artists, swim time at the Beachwood Family Aquatics
Center and weekly showcases provide multiple performance opportunities
for students to display their phenomenal growth in this spectacular
summer theatre program.
This is a not-for-profit organization. So, costs are family-friendly
while providing the highest-caliber theatrical experience for students.

The Specifics
$500 for Residents        $550 for Non-Residents                ------
No additonal fees to participate in production :)
Open to students grades 2 through 9.
To register for next summer or for more information, contact the
Beachwood Board of Education at 216.464.2600.

"Jill opened her arms to me. She trusted me when I first started. She
gave me the foundation and confidence to be where I am today."  -- Halle
Morse; Broadway actress and former student
"Beachwood Theatre Camp is the best summer theatre program I ever
attended. Jill gives every camper a chance to shine. It is the best
place for beginners and advanced performers alike. BTC provides
performance opportunities through the musical coupled with professional
workshops while still remaining a fun, summer day camp." -- Casey J.
Braun, CRO; media professional and former student
"To say that my years with Jill at BTC positively impacted my life is
quite the understatement. I am continually impressed by how often in my
daily life I employ knowledge and skills I learned from BTC. It taught
me, both explicitly holistically, to carry myself confidently, make
strong choices in performance, collaborate with others and appreciate a
job well done." -- Evan Sanders; composer and former student