[NEohioPAL] INLET DANCE THEATRE KICKS OFF 10th ANNIVERSARY SEASON WITH ANNUAL FREE CAIN PARK SHOWS JULY 28 & 29

Elizabeth Pollert epollert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:00:51 PDT 2010

INLET DANCE THEATRE KICKS OFF 10th ANNIVERSARY SEASON WITH ANNUAL FREE CAIN
PARK SHOWS

JULY 28 & 29

July 21, 2010  –  A highlight of the Cain Park Evans Amphitheater summer
season is the annual Inlet Dance Theatre performance.   Returning for its
tenth year, Inlet Dance Theatre is delighted to present a dynamic program
showcasing professional dancers alongside students from its Summer Dance
Intensive (SDI) – a multi-week instructional camp for dancers of all ages
and experience levels.  “Inlet premiered as a company 10 years ago at Cain
Park,” commented Inlet Artistic Director Bill Wade.  “Over the years, we
have received feedback that this concert is an annual summer highlight for
many.  We’ve heard that summer camps plan their days around it…people
reschedule vacations because of it…and we couldn’t be more delighted for the
impact we have had on our community.   This year, the caliber of students
who have participated in the SDI is highly advanced.  They cannot wait to
demonstrate their talents to the entire community.”

Highlighted works from the professional Inlet company members include: “
Memoriate” – a work premiered 10 years ago at Cain Park that concerns issues
facing the elderly and their care-givers, and the signature piece “BALListic”
– a cartoonish romp that features the use of exercise physio balls.  Also,
scheduled to be performed are “Ascension” and “Create”, along with premieres
of new works choreographed by Inlet company members Mikaela Clark, Elizabeth
Pollert, and Justin Stentz, featuring the SDI students.  Mikaela will
premiere a work on the entire ensemble, whereas Justin will premiere an all
male work while Elizabeth’s work will include all the SDI female students.

Inlet’s Summer Dance Intensive performance at Cain Park is perhaps the most
comprehensive single representation of the company’s mission of “using dance
to further people”.  Students of various ages, races, backgrounds and skill
sets travel as individuals to Cleveland Heights from international, out of
state & regional hometowns to learn about dance.  However, in the process of
preparing for the Cain Park performance, students instill lessons in
teamwork, trust, respect, self-discipline, social interaction and
self-confidence.  Inlet company member performances further demonstrate to
students & audience members the dedication and talents required to choose
dance as a profession and how the art of dance is used to speak creatively
about life and issues we all face.   Learn more at
www.inletdance.org<https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1RgoEcmsQWBKuWkVVxGsiUq2GRseuKD4_s98pscwJKuY&pli=1>.

Inlet Dance Theatre will perform at Cain Park Evans Amphitheater: Wednesday,
July 28 at 1:00 p.m. (a Kids Matinee) and a full concert on Thursday, July
29 at 8:00 p.m.  Admission is FREE.  Cain Park is located at the
intersection of Lee Road and Superior Road in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
Visit www.cainpark.com<https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1RgoEcmsQWBKuWkVVxGsiUq2GRseuKD4_s98pscwJKuY&pli=1>
.

Inlet Dance Theatre is co-presented by Cain Park and the City of Cleveland
Heights.

# # #

INLET DANCE THEATRE    ♦
www.inletdance.org<https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1RgoEcmsQWBKuWkVVxGsiUq2GRseuKD4_s98pscwJKuY&pli=1>