[NEohioPAL] No actual animals harmed in HUNTER GATHERERS!

convergence-continuum csimon at convergence-continuum.org
Wed Jul 28 14:07:29 PDT 2010

DON'T CALL PETA! NO ACTUAL LIVE LAMBS ARE SLAUGHTED ON STAGE
IN CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM'S PRODUCTION OF HUNTER GATHERERS.

It has been reported that:

"A live lamb is in a cardboard box.  As you watch, Geoffrey Hoffman,
portraying the alpha-male Richard, chops the animal into morsel-sized
pieces ready for cooking.  Sound ghastly?  In the hands of the actors,
under the direction of Clyde Simon, what is repulsive turns out to be
bizarrely humorous. That is, if you aren’t a member of PETA or a similar
animals rights group."  --Roy Berko, CoolCleveland

But rest assured, we're not actually killing live lambs onstage. (That
would be really expensive!) It's the magic of theatre, and we're pretty
convincing. So come and see how this "bizarrely humorous" beginning leads
into an evening of wild, crazy, sexy hilarity.

HUNTER GATHERERS runs at 8 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through
August 14 at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd., Cleveland, OH 44113.  Tickets
are $15 general admission, $12 for students and seniors (65+).  For
reservations and information call 216-687-0074 or
at http://www.convergence-continuum.org.

HUNTER GATHERERS is directed by convergence-continuum’s Artistic Director
Clyde Simon and features company actors Geoffrey Hoffman, Laurel Johnson,
Tom Kondilas and Lauren B. Smith.