[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Auditions for Pippin - September 7

Pamela Fine olydia78 at ameritech.net
Thu Aug 26 04:01:27 PDT 2010

Heights Youth Theatre

is holding auditions for

PIPPIN
directed by Nathan Motta

Tuesday, September 7th (open auditions)
grades 1-3; 4:30pm-5:30pm
grades 4-6; 5:30pm-6:30pm
grades 7-12; 6:30pm-8:00pm

Wednesday, September 8th 4:30-8:00 (call backs by invitation only)

Wiley Middle School - Auditorium
2181 Miramar Blvd
University Heights, Ohio 44118

AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
Grades 9-12
1. Prepare 16 bars of an up-tempo and 16 bars of a ballad
- please know entire song
- bring sheet music, complete with a piano part
- no acapella singing allowed
- must be from the music theatre repertoire
- choose selections pre-1990

2. Choose from the sides provided on the website.

Grades 5-8
1. May sing either the musical selection provided ("Corner of the Sky" audition) or 16 bars of a song of their choice
2. Choose any side provided on the website
*students who feel comfortable may use audition requirements for grades 9-12

Grades 1-4
1. Kids will be taught a short musical selection; the lyrics to Corner of the Sky are provided below as well as on the sheet with the sides which can be found on the website
2. read/speak the side provided

Corner of the Sky can be found on i-tunes

"Corner of the Sky" (audition) song lyrics:
Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly.
I've got to be where my spirit can run free.
Gotta find my corner of the sky.

for full details regarding auditions visit  www.heightsyouththeatre.org

Heights Youth Theatre programming is made possible by the generous support of Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga Arts
and Culture and the Ohio Arts Council