[NEohioPAL] The MAD* Factory is now enrolling for fall classes

The Mad Factory themadfactory2 at oberlin.net
Tue Sep 14 13:52:53 PDT 2010

Please call the MAD* Factory office for registration materials.

YOUNG MAD* with Nancy Roth

Ages 2-3 (with parent/caregiver)

Mondays, October 4-December 6

11:00-11:45

Tuition: $100

Ages 4-5

Tuesdays, October 5-December 7

3:30-4:15

Tuition: $100

This class for the very young builds on the fact that children learn best through play:  moving, singing, and using their imaginations.  Each session will include a variety of activities:  physical warm ups, ear training and listening games,  discovering the rhythm of names and words, singing, acting out stories through movement, and visits from Nancy's puppet friends!  A great introduction to a lifelong love of all arts disciplines.

YOUNG ACTORS

Ages 5-8

Mondays, October 4-December 6

5:30-6:30PM

Tuition: $100

Basic foundations of acting are covered in this class that combines fun and learning!  Have fun pretending, dressing up, performing, and playing all sorts of games that are great for young actors.  All students will be in a short play and have their own monologue-acting speech-to perform by themselves!  The confidence and creativity that naturally come with acting on stage and playing with friends are the benefits of becoming a MAD* young actor!  Final performance for family and friends during the last class session.

"Death By Dessert"

Ages 12-18

Mondays, October 4-January 10

7:00-9:00PM

Tuition: $150

PLEASE NOTE: Final performance will be on Saturday, January 15th at First Church in Oberlin. Tickets for the Dinner-Theatre will be $25

The focus of this class will be working on an interactive comedic murder mystery, "Death by Dessert," to be performed for an audience in a dinner-theater setting at the end of the class.  The show takes place in New York City, and our job as the actors will be to keep the audience guessing until the very end-when they cast their votes for who they think was the killer!  Was it Nino?  Frankie and Louie?  Donna?  Only time will tell as our story unfolds and leads to more clues!  This is a fun, out of the ordinary acting adventure!

Comedy Improv I & II
Ages 8-11~5:30-7:00

Ages 12-18~7:00-8:30

Tuesdays, October 5-December 7

Tuition: $150

If you've ever wondered what it's like to get up on stage with no script, this is the class to satisfy your curiosity. In this class we will focus on different aspects of comedy improv scenes such as character relationships and physical movement.  Being able to take a suggestion of one or two words and create a scene out of it is a valuable skill for actors, and a lot of fun!  Different games each week add variety, and the rules of improv that we will be following lay a great foundation for an easy understanding of comedy improv.  This class will make you more comfortable on stage, and be the most that you laugh all week! A final performance of selected games will take place during the last class session.

SILENT FILM

Ages 9-18

Wednesdays, October 6-December 8

6:30-8:30PM

Tuition:$150

Help write, act in, direct and produce a short film in just 10 weeks--the only catch is, there can be no talking in the movie!  Making a silent film is a great challenge for the actor, and a great way to learn all sorts of ways to communicate without words.  We will be paying special attention to the ideas and moods that things such as music, facial expressions, and costumes can add to your silent film.  Students will work in groups to create the films from the beginning-writing the 'script,' to end-performing and filming! The final class will be a screening of the finished products.

THE JUNGLE BOOK, KIDS

Ages 8-13

Thursday, October 7-January 17~ 6:30-8:30PM

Final performance Friday, January 21st

Tuition: $150

Come be in a real musical!  Acting, dancing, and singing are different, important parts of performing, and we will be working on all of them in this class!  Based off of the classic Disney movie, 'The Jungle Book, Kids!' includes favorite characters like Mowgli and Baloo, and favorite songs like "Bare Necessities."  If you've never been in a play or musical before, this is a great place to start.  We will learn lines, music, and dance choreography.  This class will be a lot of hard work and a lot of fun; and actors of all ages can come together to put on a great show.  Be a part of something big!