[NEohioPAL] Fw: First Grace and Heads Up Productions Present New Work by Area Playwright

Heads Up Productions headsupproductions at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 08:17:10 PDT 2010

First Grace United Church of Christ Presents

Heads Up Productions’
1,000 Hills

First Grace United Church of Christ is hosting Heads Up Productions’ staged
reading of 1,000 Hills, a new work written by Akron native India Burton. 1,000
Hills is directed by Heads Up Productions’ Artistic Director, Benjamin Rexroad.
Performances will be held in the sanctuary of First Grace, located at 350 S.
Portage Path in Akron.  Performance dates are Wednesday, October 20th, Thursday,
October 21st, and Friday, October 22nd.  All performances are  at 8 pm.  Tickets
are $5 and available at the door or by calling 330.990.5138.  (If you bring in a
canned food item Heads Up will take $1 off of your ticket price).

1,000 Hills was written by India Burton, who recently directed Heads Up
Productions’ The Laramie Project and For Colored Girls Who Have Considered
Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf, which was touted as “absolutely, by far, the
best thing I have ever seen in my 10 years at UA,” by Dr. Boisseau of the
University’s History Department.

Formulated around the Rwandan Genocide of 1994, 1,000 Hills follows three
tourists who, while visiting Rwanda, become entangled in the midst of the
ensuing chaos and mayhem. As tensions begin to rise, the tourists, who bond with
the locals, have their morals and emotions  put to the test.

The ensemble includes:

TJ Jozsa from Stow, Ohio
Kim Woodworth from Aurora, Ohio
Nici Romo from Stow, Ohio
Caorl Eutsey from Akron, Ohio
Sarah Taylor from Cleveland, Ohio
Avery McCullough from Akron, Ohio
Rosilyn Jentner from Akron, Ohio

Director: Benjamin Rexroad from Coventry, Ohio
Assistant Director: Heather Beyer from Tallmadge, Ohio
Assistant Director: Greg Grimes from Tallmadge, Ohio
Stage Manager: Nick Kannel from Akron, Ohio
Writer: India Burton from Akron, Ohio

Heads Up Productions is Akron’s newest and boldest theatre company, originating
from the minds of university students. Our mission is to engage the Akron
community in dialogues about diversity and social issues through dynamic live
performances.

This is our fifth  production.