[NEohioPAL] Beauty Parlor Furniture / Props needed for STEEL MAGNOLIAS @ TrueNorth Cultural Arts

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 04:31:12 PDT 2010

Hi Everybody,

We are looking for the following items for our production of STEEL
MAGNOLIAS<http://www.fredsternfeld.com/steelmagnolias.htm>at TrueNorth
Cultural Arts <http://www.metroparks.cc/truenorth.php>, opening November 26.

The items should be circa mid-1980s.

If you have any of these items, or know where we can get them, we would
appreciate your help and advice!

WASH STATION - 2 chairs that can recline and 2 sinks that are round or oval
that have the notch built into the front for someone's head to rest in as
they are getting their hair washed, and faucet / sprayer accessories.

STYLE CHAIRS - 2 style chairs that can be moved up and down manually with
foot pedal and swivel

MANICURE TABLE - 1 rolling manicure table.

DRYER AREA - 2 dryer chairs. 2 hair dryers (don't have to work) that are on
stands.

STYLING COUNTER - 1 styling counter that would go behind the 2 main styling
chairs for Truvy and Annelle to have their accessories, blow dryers, curling
irons, etc. About 5' wide by 18" deep.

DOG POSTER - as called for in the script.

ASSORTED PROPS - We do have access to borrowing some props from several
beauty parlors, but if you have any of the usual props associated with the
play that would be appreciated. A few examples: Barbicide jars, 1980s
Magazines (Glamour, Brides, Family Circle, Reader's Digest),  Christmas
decorations including a smallish artificial Christmas tree, Shelby's radio,
M'Lynn's gun, manicure tray with equipment, Mr. Coffee brewer (doesn't have
to work), cash register, phone, "No Such Thing as Natural Beauty" sign.

Thanks so much !!

--
Fred Sternfeld
http://www.fredsternfeld.com