[NEohioPAL] Maternal Pride Casting Call...part 3

Jasmine Golphin ja.peace7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:28:18 PST 2010

Hello dear thespians!

 For those that don't know  I am directing my first feature film “Maternal
Pride”, a dark dramedy (more heavy on the drama than comedy). Shooting will
begin in late January. The script is complete, the LLC has been created and
now it's all about casting, location scouting and fund raising.  This film
is going to be the next step between student productions to truly
independent filmmaking here in Cleveland, so this will be a very serious
production amongst the crew.

*Anyway, I need to hold a third (and hopefully final) casting call November
19th from 1pm-5pm for two very important roles, one of which is the lead:*
*
*
*Amanda Bachman (lead**): 35-45 white, female, (preferably tall with dark
hair)- Amanda is a wife and mother first. She is the kind of woman that
speaks only when she has something to say and a leader amongst the other
housewives.  And, like a lioness of a pride, she will do whatever necessary
to protect her family and home.*
*
*
*Lester (supporting):** 30-50'a black, male (preferably tall and bald) -
Lester is a powerful lawyer and carries himself as such.  Openly gay but not
too effeminate. Referred to several times in the script before he is seen so
the actor will need a strong on-screen presences to live up to the hype.*

Contact me at 216-773-6936 or (preferably) at jasmine.celluloid at gmail.com to
set up an audition time.  I am only looking to cast these two roles, so
please *no unrelated calls!*  All actors will need to have a short monologue
prepared.

I would much rather have someone in love with the art of acting and
storytelling than someone with an extensive resume (though both would be
dandy).

Hope to hear from you soon!
--
-Jasmine Golphin

*The Plot: Amanda Bachman is an average middle age woman with a simple home,
an adoring husband and a precious six year old daughter. And she couldn't be
more content. If it wasn't for the fact that her husband's company has
suddenly decided it best to move to China and eliminate most of the jobs,
maybe things could stay that way. Well, no matter, Amanda and a few of the
other housewives are used to having to quietly keep their world on an even
keel. Hopefully this time it won't require too much blood...
*
Support the film here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Maternal-Pride?a=47792&i=addr