[NEohioPAL] Help rebuild families-Portraits of families overcoming Domestic Violence

Brian Bowers bjbowers4584 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 21:58:50 PST 2010

55 people are victims of domestic violence every hour. Nearly 1/3 of all women will experience some form of domestic violence in their lifetime. Statistically, people that frequently abuse their partner will also frequently abuse their children.
Domestic violence has affected the lives of all of us. Chances are you have a friend, loved one, neighbor, or even you have been the victim of domestic violence. I was physically abused for many years and can understand the pain and the effect domestic violence has on a family. It has taken me many years to begin to recover, and now I want to help give back.
I am developing a program to take professional portraits of families that are overcoming domestic violence. This is a one day event where families from in from  shelters, domestic violence shelters, or on their own for a portrait sitting. Each family works with a professional stylist to get made up, has their shoot, picks out their favorite photo, and walks away with a framed 8 x 10 black and white portrait. As a professional photographer I understand the power of an image. The photo shoot is a chance for families to rebuild in a safe, fun environment. Each family will walk away with a beautiful framed portrait as a reminder of what it is they are struggling for--the safety and security of themselves and their loved ones.
I'm asking for financial help to put this program together. This money will go towards the cost of frames and mattes, fine print photo paper, ink, and other various marketing and support costs. I would like to make this an ongoing effort to help support these families overcoming domestic violence. If money is donated above and beyond the funding goal it will be used for next year.
Please consider making a small donation to get this program off the ground. You can donate instantly by visiting http://funds.gofundme.com/13hsk.
Brian BowersBraedy Photographyhttp://www.braedyphoto.com