[NEohioPAL] Akron's Summit Artspace: New Office and Performance/Exhibition Space for Arts & Cultural Organizations

Diana Watt dwatt at akronareaarts.org
Tue Nov 16 07:57:17 PST 2010

AKRON'S SUMMIT ARTSPACE:  NEW DEVELOPMENT & SURVEY
The Akron Area Arts Alliance (AAAA) received a John S. and James L. Knight Foundation grant to expand use of its Summit Artspace building (140 East Market Street, Akron) in June of 2010.  Currently under construction, this development will create shared office space, conference rooms and a multi-purpose performance/exhibition space for arts-related businesses and organizations.

We are seeking input from the arts community through a short 12-question survey (link below) to help us shape the final plans for the project.

Building specifics:  Plans for the refinished and upgraded second floor will include 3 beautifully restored historic conference rooms, approx. 2,900 sq. ft. of open space with modular office units, private office option and a dedicated 3,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose space. Arts and cultural-related tenants will also benefit from affordable leasing rates with free parking.  Projected completion date is January 2011.

Thank you for a few minutes of your time - we appreciate your help with this exciting project!

LINK TO SURVEY:
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BBQE8HBYK

Diana D. Watt
Marketing/Programming Manager