[NEohioPAL] Call for help-rebuilding families one photo at a time

Brian Bowers bjbowers4584 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 14:38:16 PST 2010

55 people are victims of domestic violence every hour. Nearly 1/3 of all women will experience some form of domestic violence in their lifetime. Statistically, people that frequently abuse their partner will also frequently abuse their children.
Domestic violence has affected the lives of all of us. Chances are you have a friend, loved one, neighbor, or even you have been the victim of domestic violence. I have personally grown up in a violent household, and I would like to help others in this situation.
On December 19th, families from local domestic violence centers and the community are invited to our studio for a free portrait session. We currently have the support of the Genesis House in Lorain and the Domestic Violence Center in Cleveland. Many of these families have never had a nice professional portrait; there are some families living in shelters that have had to leave all of their photos and personal items behind in order to escape a violent home. The photo shoot is a chance for families to rebuild in a safe, fun environment. Each family will walk away with a beautiful framed portrait as a reminder of what it is they are struggling for--the safety and security of themselves and their loved ones.
Please help these families by making a small donation to get this program off the ground. You can donate instantly by visiting http://funds.gofundme.com/13hsk. All funds go directly to the cost of ink, photo paper, and frames.
I hope you'll take a moment to donate to this cause.
Brian BowersBraedy Photographyhttp://www.braedyphoto.com