[NEohioPAL] Call for Performers- "A Fine Romance: Jewish Songwriters, American Son gs, 1910-1965"

Margaret Reardon margaretreardon at netzero.net
Thu Dec 9 16:23:38 PST 2010

Dear Neopal-Cuyahoga County Public Library's Beachwood Branch needs your help!

We are applying for an American Library Association Traveling Exhibit entitled
"A Fine Romance: Jewish Songwriters, American Songs, 1910-1965".
A major factor in determining if we get it will be the programming we tie into
it. We have to propose at least 2 programs that will enhance the theme.Of  course  we want to do a  music program  featuring the artists highlighted  in the exhibit-
"Irving  Berlin, George and Ira Gershwin, Harold Arlen, Jerome Kern and other Jewish songwriterswho wove the American songbook deep into the fabric of American culture". (from the exhibit description)

Other possibilities:

A movie program featuring a film expert talking about movies that have featured their songs
such as Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, Swing Time.

A movie series featuring the films with guest film experts leading post film discussions
on the same

A "celebrity" music expert talking on the subject

OUTSIDE THE BOX IDEAS THAT TIE INTO THE THEME ARE MOST WELCOME!

Participants will be monetarily compensated and will receive great visibility.
As far as the time frame, this will happen sometime between May and October of 2011,
or early winter 2012.

Please email your interest and ideas to me at mreardon at cuyahogalibrary.org. as soon as possible, and no later than January 3rd. You can also call me at 216-831-6868.

Thanks !

Margaret Reardon