[NEohioPAL] Dobama Theatre -- THE NEW CENTURY

Julie Friedman jfriedman at dobama.org
Thu Dec 16 16:13:35 PST 2010

Dobama Theatre presents the Ohio Premiere of Paul Rudnick's

The New Century
directed by Scott Plate
now through January 9, 2011

Yes, we've had some mixed reviews.
But Dobama's always been about full disclosure.
So to those who didn't like the show, all we can say is
...PENIS ENVY...

"...it's a gas of a satirical sendup."
--Tony Brown, The Plain Dealer

"There are few funnier people alive than playwright Paul Rudnick ... you'll
have a hard time finding more laughs in any two-hour period than you'll get
from The New Century."
--Christine Howey, Scene

"...outrageous and boundary-pushing....edgy and hilarious....the experienced
cast does a fine job..."
--Brian Patrick Thornton, Spangle

And we even help you find the optimal seat for your viewing pleasure.

"Last Saturday, Dobama Theatre proved itself to be the most obliging of
theaters. The boyish box office manager offered a delightful tutorial on
where to sit to receive the optimal gander at the entertainment's nominal
star, a studly performer's "engine of desire." Then, just in case dyslexia
inopportunely flared up, landing us where we could only admire the tush, the
managing director personally escorted us to our voyeureristic throne."
-- Keith Joseph, Eunuch in the Harem

LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland Night
December 18
Join us for a reception and discussion with director Scott Plate before the
show.  Use code "center" when purchasing and $5 of your ticket benefits the
LGBT Center!
6:30 p.m. Reception, 8:00 p.m. Showtime

It's the new century, so everybody dance now! So says provocative playwright
and essayist Paul Rudnick in his newest comedy. Meet Helene, Barbara, Joann,
Shane, and of course, you've met Mr. Charles (who could forget him!); these
folks are on the verge of figuring out this crazy world that is the new
millennium. Join them this holiday at Dobama for an outrageous production.
What will the New Year hold for them, for you - what will this new century
hold for all of us? Get ready to laugh out loud as you find the answer.

Tickets:  http://www.dobama.org or 216.932.3396

Student tickets:  $10 with valid student I.D.

New RUSH tickets: For patrons 21 & younger, a limited number of $5 RUSH
tickets will be sold nightly, no earlier than 5 minutes before curtain time
and are based on availability.

Please note that this production features full male nudity!