[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Cleveland Play House

Laura Kepley lkepley at clevelandplayhouse.com
Fri Jan 14 07:41:34 PST 2011

THE CLEVELAND PLAY HOUSE ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR LOCAL ACTORS

WHAT:          AUDITIONS

New Associate Artistic Director Laura Kepley is holding auditions to meet
with local performers.  This is an opportunity for her to familiarize
herself with the local community and for the local talent to introduce
themselves.  CPH will be casting several local performers in our upcoming
season from these and other auditions.

WHEN:          NON-AEA AUDITIONS will be held SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5th from
10:00-4:00

EQUITY PRINCIPAL AUDITIONS will be held on SATURDAY, MARCH 19th from
10:00-6:00.

WE WILL NOT BE SEEING NON-UNION CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AT THIS TIME.
There will be an audition just for children at a future date.

PREPARATION:

NON AEA ACTORS should prepare a 1-2 minute classical monologue.  Classical
monologues can include Shakespeare, The Greeks, Moliere, Calderon, etc.
Actors MAY be asked to perform a contrasting contemporary monologue and/or
sing a short song a cappella.

AEA ACTORS will have 3 minutes to present whatever they wish.  Actors may
also sing if desired.  Please be sure to mention if you wish to sing when
scheduling appointment.  Our season announcement will be posted a few weeks
before this audition which may help you select your audition material.

PLEASE BRING A PICTURE AND THEATRICAL RESUME WITH UP TO DATE CONTACT
INFORMATION.

APPOINTMENTS:

AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY

APPOINTMENTS CAN BE MADE BY EMAIL OR PHONE

ACTORS SHOULD CONTACT Artistic Intern Caitlin Lewins to schedule an
appointment. Please tell her your name, union status, email address, phone
number and whether you prefer a morning or afternoon appointment. You will
receive a reply with your appointment time.

EMAIL: clewins at clevelandplayhouse.com

PHONE:  (216) 795-7000 EXT 915

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the auditions.

Laura Kepley

Laura Kepley

Associate Artistic Director

Cleveland Play House