[NEohioPAL] Casting Notice for SAG Feature in Wheeling, WV

JW Myers rmkfilms at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:16:39 PST 2011

Below is a casting notice for our feature film, "Doughboy," to be shot in
Wheeling, WV in March.  We will be shooting on a SAG Ultra Low-Budget
Contract, and we really need to hire Wheeling, WV local.  Please submit only
to doughboycasting at gmail.com if you are considered *Wheeling local hire*.
We will see SAG and non-SAG talent for the roles.

We will see Veterans from any area (local hire not required) - please submit
or recommend anyone who fits the bill in that category.

Thanks!
JW Myers, Director/Producer

Here's the casting notice -

Route 40 Films, LLC in association with FlyOver Pictures, LLC, is producing
a feature film entitled "Doughboy," shot entirely in Wheeling, WV.

The film is a drama about Tory, a typical self-centered, apathetic and
brooding 16 year old who doesn't really care about anyone or anything --
that is, until his family has to move from New York City to rural West
Virginia.  When Tory is caught vandalizing a patriotic town statue of a WWI
vet, he is ordered to  perform community service at a local veteran's
hospital. Through the experience, Tory meets individuals who challenge his
apathetic perspective on the world.  "The Doughboy" is a family drama that
incorporates documentary footage of real-life vets sharing their views of on
patriotism, young people today and why they served.  It also examines the
themes of patriotism and why Americans should show gratitude to those who
willingly sacrificed so much.

The film is being produced by JW Myers and Ty DeMartino, with a script by
DeMartino, and the film will be directed by Myers.  Kristin Seibert of
Wheeling is Executive Producing.  It will be produced under SAG's Ultra
Low-Budget Agreement (signatory pending), so there will be pay.  "Weekend At
Bernie's" star Terry Kiser is currently headlining our cast.  Filming is
currently scheduled for February 28th - March 20th.

Our first casting sessions will be held Friday, January 21st, and Saturday,
January 22nd in Wheeling.  There may be additional casting sessions.

Please submit electronically to: doughboycasting at gmail.com.  We will be
setting appointments starting on Monday. We will send audition material from
the script along at that time.  Real Veterans: we just want to hear your
story.

We are accepting submissions NOW for the following roles:

*TORY HEDDERMAN* -- m, 16 (18 to play younger), apathetic young man who was
raised by very liberal parents in New York City.  When Tory's father is
transferred to rural West Virginia, the teen, a wannabe filmmaker,
withdrawals even more from the world around him, until new unexpected
friends start to bring him out of his shell.

*MARNIE HEDDERMAN* -- f, late 40s, British, Tory's mother, fit waif-like.  A
hypnotherapist, Marnie has a child simplicity, yet a tremendous heart when
it comes to the world and her family.  Marnie is concerned about her son,
Tory, but often makes excuses for him brooding behavior.  A pacifist, she
does not like violence of any kind.

*VIC HEDDERMAN* -- m, 50s, Tory's father.  A liberal, Vic is a college
professor/ethnobotanist who tries to be the cool and understanding dad to
his son, but can be stern when needed.  Vic tries to look on the bright side
of things and is an optimist at heart.

*ANNIE TOWNSELL* -- f, mid to late 50s, fun and funny, yet smart Community
Outreach Coordinator for the Mountain State V.A. Hospital.  Annie has a big
heart and 'Mother-Earth' quality about her which makes her very accepting of
others.  While she is a woman of faith and has strong political views, she
managers to keep her thoughts to herself to remain impartial in her place of
work.

*MITCH KERN* -- m, 19-22, a veteran of the War on Terror who uses a
wheelchair.  Mitch came from a privileged upbringing in New York City and
decided to enlist against in family's wishes.  He's patriotic, but a
realist, tough, but a painter and has a very old soul, despite his age.
Mitch has very personal reasons for why he enlisted, but suffers from
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which causes him to stay at a V.A. Center.

*AL* -- m, 60s, a Vietnam Vet amputee who uses crutches to walk. (U/5)

*Veterans* - all ages, ethnicities, male and female - please submit.  The
film includes documentary footage of veterans telling their telling of their
experiences and stories of war (a combination of scripted and REAL-LIFE
stories).  While we will see all interested actors, we are also VERY
interested in casting REAL-LIFE veterans of all wars -- WWII, Vietnam,
Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan, including those with any physical
disabilities.