[NEohioPAL] Now hiring

Bernie Coyne equipment-madscience at neo.rr.com
Tue Jan 18 07:46:39 PST 2011

Want the most fun, cool job around? Be a Mad Scientist and go to schools
and centers to provide fun, exciting science workshops and after school
sessions for kids 3-12 years old.

We are taking applications now, and are looking to hire people to start
teaching approximately 3-10 hours per week. Typical hours are between
2:00 and 6:00 pm. Classes begin in October! This is a great opportunity
to grow with us.

Mad Scientists are needed at many locations around Northeast Ohio. We
provide fun after-school classes for 1 hour per day Monday-Thursday at
elementary schools. We need people with some teaching experience, who
want some extra money, and who enjoy working with children. Knowledge of
science is not essential, as we provide full training.

Ideal job for students who want to gain valuable teaching experience,
substitute teachers, teachers looking for some extra income, retired
teachers who want to keep working, and anyone who has a few hours a week
to spare to help educate our children.  You don't have to be a science
major to be a great Mad Scientist.  We hire from many areas of
experience, including education, theatre, childcare, business, as well
as the sciences

Mad Science pays instructors $25 per class, the time in the classroom is
approximately 2 hours. As would also be expected to arrive 20-30 minutes
early, and clean up for 20-30 minutes. You would also be paid for your
time training. Training is paid once you complete the 6 or 8 week
session at a school for that program.

Job Requirements:

* Previous experience with grade school age children in a formalized
(paid or volunteer) setting.
* An upbeat, fun and child friendly personality with good communication
skills speaking to a group.
* Able to work 2-6 afternoons a week in classes at schools -
after-school class times are determined by school finishing times.
* Must have a reliable car
* Able to pass a FBI & BCI background check for criminal activity.
* Able to train with us on a pre-determined training schedule.
*Able to attend Friday meeting at 4:30PM
To apply for this great opportunity, please apply online at
www.madscience.org/northeastohio. Our office phone is 330-498-0033
should you have any trouble sending your resume.

Thank you for your interest in Mad Science and we look forward to
speaking with you soon!