[NEohioPAL] Acting Workshops: Memory Technique & Emotion

Ellen Rooney lnroon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:09:32 PST 2011

  Advanced Acting Workshop
Memory Acting Techniques &
Emotion Scales
** offers a common sense approach to memorizing the work **

Class includes:
Traditional Memory Arts Techniques
Accumulation Exercises using methods based on how the brain makes memory
Emotion Scales – Helping emotional recall and intensity

*Memory Acting Techniques* and *Emotion Scales*
are developed from the neuroscience of human memory and emotion.

WHEN:  Feb. 16 and 23 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM
WHERE: Peggy Cannon Dance Studios, 23130 Lorain Road, North Olmsted 44070
COST: $25 a class or 2 classes for $40
*Special Discount for returning students: $20 a class or 2 classes for $35*

*What Actors say about Memory Acting:*

   - “The class was truly a wonderful learning experience.”
   - “I can use what you taught in my everyday life. It was an awesome
   experience.”
   - “The lessons will absolutely be helpful should I ever have any lines to
   memorize again.”
   - “I thought Ellen was fascinating and enthusiastic, I loved the history
   lessons that we got along with the class.”
   - “I particularly liked her information about auditioning on camera.”
   - “I enjoyed being back in a classroom setting and being challenged but
   not threatened.”
   - “Ellen had great energy and it helped us after a long day at our real
   jobs.” LOL

 Ellen Rooney earned MFA and MA from New York University’s Tisch School of
the Arts. In her Ph.D. at Bowling Green State University she studied
neuroscience of human memory and emotion. Through her research she developed
acting techniques to combine basic memory skills with creativity and classic
Method techniques. Rooney has worked as a director and actress in New York, Los
Angeles, and Cleveland and teaches with The Cleveland Playhouse &
Weathervane Playhouse educational programs.

If interested please contact:
*Ellen Rooney:  LNRoon at gmail.com  818-642-2933*
*or Sarah Limeer: 216-469-4366*