[NEohioPAL] Short film "THE HANDYMAN" in the news!

Jay Johnson shootfilmordie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 08:13:37 PST 2011

PLEASE SIGN UP AND VOTE FOR THE SHORT FILM "THE HANDYMAN" on openfilm.com.

Voting ends JANUARY 31st for the "The 2nd Get It Made Competition" on
openfilm.com. It's a chance to win a feature film contract.

We're trying to bring a feature film to Cleveland!

"The Handyman" is a 10 minute short fictional film inspired by the true
story of Cleveland serial killer Anthony Sowell.  We hope to expand it into
a feature using Cleveland talent and crew.

Here is a link to the news story in The Strongsville Post:

http://thepostnewspapers.com/strongsville/areanews/movie-murderer-Medina-1-23--miller-

Although they tried to make us look like we were exploiting a bad situation,
Channel 19 also did a story:

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=13865766

Here's what one viewer of the film wrote to me:

"...At first I thought, "I don't really want to watch or support a film
about such an atrocious crime/criminal. It seems like sensationalism."

After I was unable take my eyes off this movie, I felt differently. This is
a vitally important story to tell, especially for those women and their
loved ones who were left behind. People need to understand that there may
have been several ways we as a community could have stopped this monster, or
even helped him to not be one."

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Jay Johnson