[NEohioPAL] February Note & Gigs from Adam Cord, finger-style guitarist

Janelle janelle at squarepegpromotions.com
Thu Feb 3 08:37:12 PST 2011

Hi everyone

Happy New Year and all that...a bit late.  I took the month of January off,
more or less, after a very busy December, but now it's time to get back out
there and sing for my supper once again.  OK, I mean play for my supper;
don't get nervous.  I am playing a couple of new places this month,
including a very exciting gig on the 20th.  Read on:

Friday, February 11:  Skyview Ranch  7241 Twp. Road 319, Millersburg, OH
44654  10:30pm - ?- I will be playing as part of a weekend retreat for
Cuyahoga Valley Church.

Sunday, February 20:  Kent Stage <http://www.kentstage.org/>   175 East Main
Street, Kent, OH  44240  330-677-5005    Opening for the John Jorgensen
Quintet  8pm- John Jorgensen may not be a household name like Eric Clapton
or the like, but he should be.  He is a heavyweight guitarist who has carved
out a unique niche as an amazing country guitarist while simultaneously
tearing up the world as one of the premier experts of what is known as
"gypsy jazz" in the tradition of the great Django Reinhardt.  I have admired
Jorgensen's playing since his days in the 1980s with the Desert Rose Band
through his tenure in the guitar supergroup, the Hellecasters.  As I type
this, I am looking on my shelf of videos at an instructional tape by
Jorgensen that contains some of the most blazing picking you'll ever hear.
The John Jorgensen Quintet specializes in the aforementioned gypsy jazz and
they are coming to the Kent Stage, which has invited me to open the show.
It is a huge honor for me to open for a guy like this, and I can't wait.
Check out www.kentstage.org for more information on the venue, and
www.johnjorgensen.com to learn about Jorgensen's work.

Friday, February 25:  Maize <http://www.maizevalleywinery.com/>  Valley
Winery   6193 Edison Street Northeast, Hartville, OH  44632   330-877-8344
7:30pm-9:30pm- This is another new place for me but they have some great
musical talent on their schedule and I am looking forward to being a part of
it.

Sunday, February 27:  St. Sebastian Church  476 Mull Avenue, Akron, OH
44320  4pm- Some friends of mine have performed in a choir called Peace
Together for several years now, and the group is giving a concert at St.
Sebastian Church in anticipation of the release of its new CD, which should
be out later this spring.  I have recorded some guitar on a few tracks for
that new CD and will be performing those with the group at this afternoon
show.

I am looking forward to getting back out and playing again, so I hope that I
see some familiar faces.  Thanks as always.

Blessings,
AC

*****
To book Adam for a performance for your venue or occasion throughout Ohio,
please call Janelle at 330.806.6520 or email
janelle at squarepegpromotions.com.

To sample Adam's music or to purchase it in CD or MP3 format, visit his
website at http://www.adamcord.com/