[NEohioPAL] Studio Orchestra's Valentine's Concert with Dmitri Levkovich and Anzhelika Fuks!

Monty monty9842 at att.net
Tue Feb 8 04:22:11 PST 2011

Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra to Perform Valentine's Concert on February 12

With Pianist Dmitri Levkovich's debut performance of Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody
on a Theme of Paganini

Conductor Stephen A. Eva and the Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra announce
that they will perform a Valentine's Concert at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday,
February 12, 2011, at the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre (40 River Street,
Chagrin Falls 44022).  The concert will feature award-winning pianist Dmitri
Levkovich in his return to the Cleveland area with a debut performance of
Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, in A minor, op. 43.
Continuing the romantic theme, renowned pianist Anzhelika Fuks will take to
the stage for a performance of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. The passionate
program also includes Gershwin's American in Paris and other romantic fare.

Dmitri Levkovich, who currently resides in New York, was the people's choice
and second prize winner at the 2009 Cleveland International Piano
Competition. He received his Artist Diploma at the Cleveland Institute of
Music under Sergei Babayan and holds a degree in Composition from the Curtis
Institute of Music. His numerous awards include First Prize in the Jose
Iturbi International Music Competition; Second Prize in the New Orleans
International Piano Competition; and First Prize and Public Prize in the
Viardo International Piano Competition.

Anzhelika Fuks received her first musical training at the Uzhorod
Conservatory in the Ukraine and studied at Budapest's Franz Liszt Academy.
She was the recipient of Third Prize at the 8th International Franz Liszt
Piano Competition, as well as First Prize at the Kyiv-Vorsel, Grand Prix at
the Zarkapatija Festival of Uzhorod, Second Prize at the Donetsk, and First
Prize at Budapest's Yamaha piano competitions.

"We are honored that Dmitri has chosen the Studio Orchestra for this debut
and his return to Cleveland, and are excited to perform with him and
Anzhelika," notes conductor Stephen Eva. "It also adds to the romance of the
evening that these brilliant artists share a relationship off the stage and
is significant that they have selected rhapsodies-with their emotionally
charged and extravagant, improvisational nature-for our Valentine's Concert.
We look forward sharing this stunningly romantic music with our audience in
the intimate Little Theatre."

Tickets for the Valentine's Concert, which is sponsored by Hamlet Retirement
Village, are $35 for adults and $20 for children and students with a valid
ID. Tickets may be purchased by visiting  <http://www.cvlt.org> www.cvlt.org
or calling the Little Theatre at 440-247-8955.