[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Oberlin Summer Theatre Festival

Lenne lenne1218 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:34:46 PST 2011

OSTF Auditions.

The Oberlin Summer Theater Festival will be holding auditions for its 2011
Rep season on Sunday, February 20th 1 – 4 pm and Sunday, February 27th 1 – 4
pm. Please call ahead for an appointment: Janice Sanborn at 440-775-8152.
(Electronic pictures and resumes can also be sent to ostf at oberlin.edu)
Please prepare one or two short audition pieces – preferably from one of the
shows in our season; you may also be asked to read from one of the scripts.
Auditions will be held in Warner Center, Studio 4, Professor Street (to the
West of Tappan Square), on the Oberlin College campus. (Note: Oberlin is
located 45 minutes southwest of downtown Cleveland, in Lorain County;
directions on our website.)

The 2011 Season includes:
1) “Hamlet” directed by Paul Moser (7 work weeks: rehearsals start June 15,
Opens July 15, closes July 30);
2) “A Raisin in the Sun” directed by Justin Emeka (8 work weeks: rehearsals
start June 8, Opens July 8, closes July 29); and
3) “The Little Prince” directed by Alexis Macnab (9 work weeks: rehearsals
start May 31, Opens July 1, and closes July 30).
Many roles have already been assigned to returning ensemble members. At this
time, we are looking to supplement our company with experienced adult
actors. We are particularly interested in auditioning African American
actors for the Younger family in “Raisin”: Walter Lee, Ruth, and Lena
(Mama).  We are also looking for two young men, one to play Travis (8 – 12
yrs) in “Raisin”, the other (8 – 14 yrs) to play the Little Prince. But we
will not be casting any other children, or actors under 25 years old, at
this time.

All OSTF actors are paid for their work. We anticipate hiring several AEA
actors under the Special Appearance, Level II contract.

OSTF presents its season of family classics in rotating rep, free to the
public, in Oberlin College’s Hall Auditorium, throughout the month of July.
For more information, see our website: www.oberlin.edu/ostf/.

--
Matthew Wright
Associate Program Director of Theater and Dance