[NEohioPAL] CPT: Big [BOX] features COUNTRY this week!

Karen Stewart KStewart at cptonline.org
Fri Feb 25 07:30:30 PST 2011

Big [BOX] features COUNTRY this week!

Cowboy Poet, A C&W Musical by Deborah Magid

What happens when a Cowboy Poet, a WASP socialite, and an ex-gang member throw a gala to benefit adult literacy in New Mexico? A raucous exploration of desire, ambition, trust, and hope, to the rhythms and rhymes of Country & Western music.

By Deborah Magid

Directed: Douglas Farren

Musical Arrangements: Jon Mosey
Choreographer: Mary Harwood
Musical Director: Joan Bendix
Set Designer: Tyson Rand
Stage Manager: John Hnat
Featuring: Allie Bencar, Caitlin Lewins, Liz Huff, Deborah Magid*, Peter Toomey, Valerie Young & Cat Kenney
*Member Actors' Equity Association

Cowboy Poet, A C&W Musical

Big[BOX] '11

February 25-27

James Levin Theatre

Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm
Sunday at 3:00pm

Click here to purchase tickets<http://cptonline.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=cQABAAAUoQAExlo>

In case you can't make it this week:

Voice Over & Side Effects May Include

March 4-6

Voice Over

Conceived and Directed by Pandora Robertson

How often and in how many ways do we try to answer these questions? "Who am I?" "Do other people know who I really am?" Or maybe "Will I ever be the same person again?" Like Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup Cans, and his Marilyn Munroe prints, "Voice Over" plays with theme and variation to pose these questions.

Side Effects May Include

By Marc Jaffe & Eric Coble
Directed by Eric Schmeidl
Featuring Nick Koesters*
*Appears courtesy of Actors' Equity Association

"Side Effects May Include" is a roller-coaster ride through an escalating mountain of pills, fidelity, secrets, questions of manhood and womanhood, age, desire, more pills, on-stage and bedroom performance anxiety, still yet more pills, and ultimately, an exploration of whether our deepest personalities and desires are anything more than chemical reactions within our brains.

Click here for more information<http://cptonline.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=cwAHAAAO5AAExlo>