[NEohioPAL] scoring person needed

Evie Morris bachtobroadway42 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 20:28:32 PST 2011

Scoring person?  Of course you meant to say composer or at the very least,
musician.
Score a movie in less than a month?  Sure, that requires no skill at all. I know
a guy who drives the University Circle bus.
He can probably do it for you on his lunch break.
Unpaid? This same issue has come up for actors in our theater community.Why
would anyone who has spent time and money, usually for many years, to receive
training to do something like " SCORE A MOVIE " expect any kind of compensation
for the time and effort they put in to sync a movie with music that connects
emotionally and artistically to what is up on the screen?
 Maybe you can download some Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber. Oops, wrong, you'd
have to pay the artists for their work.
 You could visit your local library They've got loads of CD's by dead composers
and one-hit wonders.
 If one doesn't have the respect and perspective to offer compensation, even if
it be post- production with barter, in kind, or real dollars, why would anyone
who has the ability, experience, and talent to score your movie do it for
nothing?

                                                                Evie Morris