[NEohioPAL] scoring person needed

Richard B. Ingraham rbingraham at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 21:18:21 PST 2011

Just a note here:

Just because the composer is deceased doesn't mean that use of a particular
recording by that composer is not protected by copyright.  The rights to the
recording are completely separate from the rights to the composition.  So
while it's perfectly legal for me to record my own version of a Bach
composition and use it in a show, film, etc., without paying any royalties,
it is not legal for me to take a recording of the Cleveland Orchestra
performing that same composition and use it without their permission, which
typically of course would not be free to obtain.

Richard B. Ingraham

RBI Computers and Audio

 <http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com> www.rbicompaudio.20m.com