[NEohioPAL] need help scoring our film

Don Safranek dsbugs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:51:55 PST 2011

If we only received positive feedback, we would never grow and learn.  Take
ALL of the feedback given and learn from it (in whatever form that may take
in this discussion.)  More notice, barter, etc., I think everyone had a
valid point to make including the fact that it is a huge request.  That
said, I do think several folks came across as far more insulted than they
needed to be.  I agree with the responder who said it's not like pay was
offered but not delivered.  There is a definitely difference between
constructive criticism and some of the venom that I detected.

I am curious though why your original post indicated that you were just the
messenger, but in this one you state that it was a post for help in scoring
OUR film, obviously denoting at least some level of ownership for the
request.  It's almost as if you expected the pushback for a request for free
services.

One way or another, good luck with the film.  Hopefully it's a winner at
Sundance and you get the last laugh.  :-)

  _____