[NEohioPAL] Japanese Style Improv Comedy by The Confused Greenies Saturday - and Relief Fund Raiser

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at case.edu
Wed Mar 16 05:31:12 PDT 2011

 <goog_2026859061>The Confused Greenies
presents a Patchwork Players Production <goog_2026859061>

*Mad Words: the Art of
Kyōgen*<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2011-03-19_Mad-Words.html>
*Saturday, March 19 · 7:00pm*
* japan CASE's Spring Anime Marathon*
* Nord Hall 410 · Case Western Reserve University*

Come laugh at the hilarity of our *eighth *production (sixth in Cleveland)
of *Mad Words: the Art of
Kyōgen*<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2011-03-19_Mad-Words.html>,
improvisational comedy inspired by the style of classic Japanese farce
updated with modern humor for an audience of anime fans! We have seven short
plays filled with foolish servants, pompous masters, boastful tea artisans,
confused warrior-priests, bickering couples, clueless demons, and even the
King of Buddhist Hell himself!

Our entertainment will begin at *7:00pm* as part of the *Spring Anime
Marathon* of *japan CASE* <http://japan.case.edu/>, the Japanese cultural
and media student organization at Case Western Reserve University in
Cleveland. Marathon itself is a full 26 hours, running from 3:00pm Saturday
until at least 5:00pm on Sunday with multiple rooms of anime, cultural
panels, games, contests, food, and much more. Entry to both *our performance
and the entire Marathon is free and open to the public*.

All though both *Mad Words* and Marathon have been preparation for weeks, in
light of the events of the past few days, we are *accepting donations for
Japanese disaster relief*. 100% of any charity gifted will be given to the
cause via fund raising organizations at CWRU such as Model UN.

CWRU is located at 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 and Nord Hall is
on the Main Quad with the address 2095 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Parking
after 6:00pm is free in the lot behind the Quad off of MLK Blvd between
Cedar/Carnegie and Euclid Ave.

And come back on Sunday as The Confused Greenies continue to bring an improv
game show traditional from anime conventions to Marathon: *Whose Line Is It
Anime?*

Directed by: Greg Tongue
Starring: Julie Beckers, Mike Brown, Marshall Hughes, Megan Matthews, Chuck
Minch, Jess Rudolph, Chelsea Scheer, Martha Sicking, Greg Tongue, and Matt
Wascher.

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2011-03-19_Mad-Words.html

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/ads/2011-03-19_Mad-Words_big-poster.png &
http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/ads/2011-03-19_Mad-Words_ad01.png

http://japan.case.edu/ <http://japanconnection.org/>
http://www.case.edu/maps/ (click Nord Hall and Lot 1A on the alphabetical
right-bar list to highlight the location and parking)
http://films.cwru.edu/pricesloc.html (parking information also at the bottom
of the CWRU Film Society page)