[NEohioPAL] Canal Fulton Players- Auditions Sound of Music April 4-5

DVangaasbe at aol.com DVangaasbe at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 07:44:04 PDT 2011

A year ago the Canal Fulton  Players pushed themselves to the limits to
bring the musical “ANNIE” to life on  our stage. This year we’ve done it again
by taking on one of greatest and most  well known stories in movie and
musical theatre history, “THE SOUND OF MUSIC”!!!  No small feat for such a
young theatre, but with the support of our audiences  and fans, a production
such as this is the perfect challenge for us, and we aim  to d...eliver a
performance  worthy of their patronage.
We have a director, producer, stage manager,  musical director,
choreographer, crew, musicians, and techs but NO CAST!!!  Fortunately, that is where
you come in facebook friends! Open auditions will be  held on April 4th & 5th,
7-9p.m. call backs (if necessary) on the 6th and  castings will be done on
the 7th with the first rehearsal starting on the 11th!  We are inviting all
of you and anyone you know who might be interested to come  on out and try
for a part! All are welcome, from those gunning for a lead, to  those who
just want to be a part of the ensemble!
Those who are interested  will be asked to sing a song that shows off their
vocal strengths and range.  Auditioners will have the option of performing
with a pianist or CD; words do  not need to be memorized. Also, there will
be a reading from excerpts of the  script for both individual and group
scenes where the director will assign  various parts to view the actors ability,
range, and chemistry with other  performers.
The cast list is rather vast so there is ample opportunity to get  the part
you want! We are anticipating an intense competition for the covetous  role
of Maria, so to all the leading ladies out there, be sure to bring your “A”
  game! No experience needed, and the only factors that might hinder those
qualified from being cast in their desired role would conflicts with the
rehearsal schedule (only a 45 day schedule: equivalent to a month & a half)
or obviously performance dates, which are June 23rd-26th.

Cast List for  Sound of Music
1. Maria Rainer female soprano 21 – 32 lead
2. Captain  Georg von Trapp male baritone 40 – 60 lead
3. Mother Abbess female soprano 40  – 70 supporting
4. Liesl female mezzo 15 – 18 supporting
5. Gretl female  mezzo 4 – 7 supporting
6. Marta female mezzo 6 – 9 supporting
7. Brigitta  female 8 – 10 supporting
8. Kurt male soprano 8 – 12 supporting
9. Louisa  female mezzo 12 – 14 supporting
10. Rolf Gruber male baritone 16 – 20  supporting
11. Max Detweiler male baritone 30 – 55 supporting
12. Elsa  Schraeder female alto 30 – 40 supporting
13. Friedrich male soprano 13 – 15  supporting
14. Sister Berthe female mezzo 40 – 70 cameo
15. Sister Sophia  female mezzo 30 – 55 cameo
16. Sister Margaretta female mezzo 40 – 65 cameo
17. Herr Zeller male 16 – 22 cameo
18. Admiral von Shreiber male 40 – 60  cameo
19. Franz male spoken 30 – 60 cameo
20. Frau Schmidt female spoken  30 – 45
Chorus: Nuns, Nazis, neighbors, and friends of Captain von Trapp N/A  16 –
99 chorus