[NEohioPAL] Press Release: CSU presents EVERYMAN at the Factory Theatre, April 12 - 17

CSU Theater & Dance theatre at csuohio.edu
Fri Mar 25 06:53:13 PDT 2011

CSU presents EVERYMAN at the Factory Theatre, April 12-17

When we make our ultimate final journey, what or who can we take with us to
the Other Side? The Cleveland State University Department of Theatre and
Dance will present EVERYMAN, the timeless 15th century morality play
presented in a boldly re-imagined format, at CSU's Factory Theater from
April 12-17.

Show times are Tuesday-Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.  Tickets are
$10 general admission and $5 for students, seniors and CSU faculty/staff.

The Factory Theatre is located at 1833 East 24th Street, between Chester and
Payne avenues.

According to director Michael L. Mauldin, Theatre and Dance Department
chair, EVERYMAN will make you rethink your ideas about life, death, space
and time.

"This ain't your Daddy's EVERYMAN," says Mauldin. "Even though EVERYMAN is a
production I have wanted to direct for literally decades, working with this
creative team and cast has opened up the text for me in richer and more
diverse directions than I ever imagined. It is truly a universal piece,
which transcends time period and theology.

"It seems particularly apt right now, when corporate and personal
materialism and profit seem to dominate every social and political
discussion, that we present an allegory which demonstrates that the only
real thing we can leave behind us is the good we have done."

Featuring both sacred and original music, original choreography, and lavish
sets and costumes, the production presents a colorful palette of characters
throughout the centuries. EVERYMAN boasts a cast of nearly 30 CSU students,
faculty and community members who weave a surrealistic tapestry on universal
themes.

Opening night ticket holders can enjoy the Gala Champagne reception on
Tuesday, April 12. In addition, patrons on Friday, April 15 can opt for
Dinner and a Show.

For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.csuohio.edu/theatre,
or call the Factory Theatre Box Office at 216-687-2109.

###