[NEohioPAL] Office Admin/Coordinator job opening at Rockwell in Mayfield Hts

Jennifer Overstreet jennifer_writes at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 09:55:37 PDT 2011

Fellow Artists,

This job requisition just hit Rockwell Automation's website. I work at this
company and it's a pretty decent place to work. The hiring manager/supervisor of
this position is a great lady. I thought I'd post this to other starving artists
because I'm always asking people to help me on my student films and I want to
try to give someone something back. Good luck!

3 things -
1. You'll need to create an account on the company's website to get to apply for
this job. http://www.rockwellautomation.com/careers/searchjobs.html
2. Although it says in the description, "Experienced in the use of office
automation equipment and the Microsoft Office suite of software tools." the
hiring manager is really looking for someone who is very experienced in MS Excel
(pivot tables, etc), Office (troubleshooting difficult document issues), and
Powerpoint. Those things will give you a leg up over even the people from within
who are applying.
3. Although I don't know the starting salary, I'd guess it's slightly above
average for this type of position and there are lots of benefits. Also, there is
no charge for parking. We have a big, beautiful lot and building (built on an
old golf course).

Requisition Number 32883BR
Position Title Sr. Administrative Coordinator
Location of Position United States-Ohio-Mayfield Heights
Business Group Control Products and Solutions
Relocation Eligible No
Position Type Full Time
Position Summary SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:

Following established procedures and guidelines, performs a wide variety of
general secretarial and clerical duties for assigned business teams(s) or
functional unit(s).

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

Functional:
Following established procedures and guidelines, performs a wide variety of
general secretarial and clerical duties for assigned business teams(s) or
functional unit(s).

Compose and/or prepare correspondence, letters, memos, presentation materials,
reports, etc., from general direction.

Maintain records systems as assigned.

Process paperwork unique to the assigned functional unit.

Demonstrates accountability for completing work assignments; meets commitments
and deadlines.

Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary human resource and
commercial information.

Leadership:
Participates in identifying and implementing quality and process improvement
ideas related to daily tasks.

Actively solicits feedback about work performed, and modifies behavior and/or
processes to improve work deficiencies and enhance areas of expertise.

Interpersonal:
Schedule appointments, make travel and lodging arrangements.

Answer and direct telephone calls.

Open, screen and distribute mail.

Act as a technical resource to internal and external customers to resolve
inquiries and problems related to the functional unit.

May orient new employees regarding administrative functions of the organization;
may train new administrative employees.

May have customer contact, primarily to provide direction to other resources
that can provide assistance

Business:
Responsible for meeting schedule and customer satisfaction targets for assigned
and delegated tasks.

Responds with urgency to internal and external customer requests for information
and assistance.

Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental,
environmental, safety, quality and regulatory policies and procedures as
appropriate for this position.

Minimum Qualifications Four-year high school diploma required.

Typically two or more years of related experience in a technology-oriented
office environment.

Experienced in the use of office automation equipment and the Microsoft Office
suite of software tools.

Proven organizational skills.

Tact, excellent interpersonal skills, and self-motivation are essential
characteristics.