[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre Stage-Wrights Spring Writing Workshop Begins April 6th.

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Wed Mar 30 08:22:39 PDT 2011

Ensemble Theatre Stage-Wrights Spring Workshop
"An Empty Space Roundtable"

In 1968 Peter Brook wrote "The Empty Space: A Book About the Theatre:
Deadly, Holy, Rough, Immediate" wrote:

             "I can take an empty space and call it a bare stage. A man
walks across this empty space
                whilst someone else is watching him, and that is all that is
needed for an act of theatre to be engaged."

The Spring Workshop will discuss this masterwork from one of the most
important theatre minds of his generation,
and apply the roundtable discussions about his theories to new work that you
the writer brings to the workshop.
We will read your new "pages" from your longer works and organize a week of
readings at the end of the 6 week
session to showcase the sessions work.

This is a unique opportunity for actors and directors to participate in a
discussion based writing workshop.

The discussions will include concepts and ideas on turning an empty space
into a theatre.

The workshop will be held in our new "Empty Space" at Coventry School in
Cleveland Heights.

The Course Fee is $75 and includes a copy of "The Empty Space" by Peter
Brook

To Regster please email info at ensemble-theatre.org or call 216-346-1874

--
*"COME HOME TO **ENSEMBLE" *
*Purchase tickets online! *
*visit our website at: www.ensemble-theatre.org*
*
*
*2010-2011 Season. *
*"DIVIDING THE ESTATE"*
* By Horton Foote*
* Directed by Sarah May*
* November 19th- December 12th*
* Brooks Theatre- The Cleveland Play House*
*
*
*"FREE MAN OF COLOR"*
* By Charles Smith*
* Directed by Tony Sias*
* February 10th- February 27th*
* Notre Dame College Performing Arts Center*
*
*
*"HUCK AND HOLDEN"*
* By Rajiv Joseph*
* Directed by Celeste Cosentino*
* May 6th- May 29th*
* Studio One Theatre- The Cleveland Play House*
*
*
*
*