[NEohioPAL] Private Acting Coaching from a New York University trained acting teacher

David Michael anactorprepared at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:25:31 PDT 2011

Private Acting Coaching from a New York University trained teacher

When developing our craft, so many of us take voice and dance lessons, but
downplay a vital component: the acting. The irony of the situation is that
our acting is the one part of performing in which we cannot hear or see our
work performing. How are we to develop this art when we cannot as easily
self-assess? An important way to grow as an actor is to have an acting
coach.

Why acting coaching? While group acting classes are wonderful at teaching
the fundamentals of acting, private coaching allows you to specifically
develop the nuances needed to become a great artist. And the best part is,
the whole class is about you. Actors all develop in different ways, and with
different goals. With a private coach, your whole session will be spent
working on what you specifically need.

David Michael, with a BFA in Drama from New York University, is here to help
you refine your acting skills. The recipient of The Outstanding Achievement
in The Lee Strasberg Studio from Tisch School of the Arts (given at
graduation by Anna Strasberg), David specifically coaches in Method acting.
Sessions with David will help you

   - Put your personal stamp on any role you undertake
   - Develop sense and emotional memory abilities that will bring your
   character to life
   - Understand how to use text and subtext to tell the story
   - Focus and relax under stressful circumstances
   - Build upon scene and monologue work through improvisation techniques
   - Use your voice to make dialogue engaging
   - Conduct life studies to physically create new and exciting characters
   - Perform in a realistic way that your audience will invest in
   - And more!

Often misunderstood to include the teachings of Adler, Meisner, and a host
of other teachers, Method acting refers to the technique developed by Lee
Strasberg. Some of its students include Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Alec
Baldwin, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johnson, Paul Newman, Uma Thurman, Adam
Sandler, and Marilyn Monroe. Many of the most successful artists of the past
century have trained in the Method, and with David Michael, you too can
learn the technique that has turned good actors into great artists.

Email David at AnActorPrepared at gmail.com to discuss your goals and to see if
acting coaching is right for you!