[NEohioPAL] By Student demand ~ Beck Center extends Adult Classes into Summer Session

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Fri Apr 29 10:15:44 PDT 2011

The Beck Center for the Arts is excited to announce that, due to student demand, we have added summer sessions of our increasingly popular adult classes.

Come on, isn't it time you got yourself back in the classroom and flexing those acting muscles again?  Isn't it time you took a moment for yourself - for your own artistry?  Don't make any more excuses.  It is YOUR time now.

Stop by the Beck Center or call 216-521-2540 x10 and sign up today!
Adult Acting: Back to Basics (Ages 18 and up)
Instructor: Natalie Green
This course is designed for both the adult beginner who wants an introduction to the fundamental tools of acting as well as the experienced adult actor who desires a refresher. Utilizing theater exercises, monologues, and scenes, actors will explore and develop the fundamental tools needed to create full, honest, and compelling characters.
Monday; 7:00-9:00 pm; 10 weeks; 5/9 - 7/18 (off 5/30 and 7/4); Tuition: $195

Adults Only: Improvisation (Ages 18 and up)

Instructors: Aaron Patterson & Russ Stich
This class will focus on the "yes and" principle and work through games and exercises to develop creativity and spontaneity. Study with two of the actors who helped make "Something Dada" the premiere Improv troupe in Cleveland!  Warning: classmates may be funny.

Thursday; 7:00 to 8:30 pm; 8 weeks; 5/5-6/23; Tuition: $120

Here's what one of our adult students says about studying with Natalie Green:

"I am writing with the purpose of expressing my gratitude to you and the Beck Center for offering the Adult acting class this past spring ... Natalie Green is incredibly professional and has a wealth of experience, but also is kind, humorous, understanding, reachable and, above all, inspiring.  She has given us goals and ways to begin to achieve them.  Each student had our own reason and desire for taking this class, and Natalie not only focused on those, but also helped us reach far beyond and see Theater as so much more than I could have ever imagined!" - Betsy Libens

So celebrate this summer and join the fun with one of these exciting offerings starting soon in May.

Theater: It isn't just for kids!

* * * * *

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>