[NEohioPAL] We've got the Blues at Stocker Arts Center!

Linda Hefner lhefner at lorainccc.edu
Tue May 3 09:39:53 PDT 2011

Austin 'Walkin' Cane' is walkin' in to Stocker Arts Center!

Rare Earth, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Buddy Guy, Gregg
Allman, Johnny Winter - What do these artists have in common? Austin
'Walkin' Cane' has opened for or performed with these artists  and more,
and he's bringing his soulful baritone vocals and delta blues to Stocker
Arts Center's Studio Theatre on Friday and Saturday, May 6 and 7 at
7:30pm.

Austin walked with a cane for years due to an arterial venous
malformation at birth. While performing on Bourbon Street in New
Orleans, a homeless man called out "Hey Walkin' Cane got some spare
change for a brother?" Thus, the nickname was born. And what a great
name for a blues singer!

No matter what name he uses, it all translates to great music. He is one
of Cleveland's favorite blues artists, and has performed on college
campuses all over the country. He has also performed at blues festivals
across the country and around the world. He is a blues singer,
songwriter, and slide guitarist and has received many accolades and
awards for his work.

Since this show is in our intimate Studio Theatre seating is limited, so
order your tickets early. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for
students. The Stocker Arts Center Box Office is open from noon to 6pm
Monday-Friday and 90 minutes prior to curtain time. Phone: 440-366-4040
or 800-995-5222 ext. 4040. For more information about this, or any of
our other shows, or to order tickets online, visit us at:
www.lorainccc.edu/stocker

Stocker Arts Center, winner of the Best Live Music Venue and Best
Theater in the 2010 Pulse Magazine "Best of Lorain County" competition,
is on the campus of Lorain County Community College - we're closer than
you think- just 10 minutes from Crocker Park! - 1005 North Abbe Road,
Elyria, OH  44035. Free parking is available on campus.

See you at the show!

Linda

Linda Hefner

Box Office Coordinator at Stocker Arts Center

Lorain County Community College

1005 N Abbe Rd, Elyria OH 44035

440-366-7144

lhefner at lorainccc.edu