[NEohioPAL] Inlet Dance Theatre performs at Cleveland Public Theatre’s Gordon Square Theatre, May 12-15, 2011

Elizabeth Pollert epollert at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:38:49 PDT 2011

“WATER” WORLD PREMIERE HIGHLIGHTS

INLET DANCE THEATRE DANCEWORKS PERFORMANCES

May 12-15, 2011

  Inlet Dance Theatre returns to Cleveland Public Theatre’s  DanceWorks
 series.  A perennial DanceWorks favorite, Inlet Dance Theatre’s engagement
is marked by a diverse repertoire highlighted by a premiere from Inlet
Artistic Director/Founder Bill Wade.

“Inlet is in the midst of celebrating its 10 year anniversary,” stated Wade.
 “As a result, the works chosen for this DanceWorks ‘11 engagement reflect
highlights from our history that represent our distinctive approach to
modern dance and our focus on the human condition as our main artistic
inspiration. The premiere of Water continues this tradition and is the
result of the dancers and I going through a study about personality types
then considering how those varied characteristics might be illustrated in
dance in terms of conflict and collaboration.  We are really excited for
people to see this first movement of this work.  Water is part one in an
in-progress four-part work inspired by the book “The Four Elements of
Success” by Laura Beth Jones.  The completed work will reflect attributes of
four basic personality types (water, wind, earth, fire).”

A partial listing of the diverse pieces being performed includes the world
premiere of Bill Wade’s Water.  Water features an original score from local
composer and Cleveland Institute of Music doctoral graduate Jeremy Allen.
 Additionally, Inlet will present works from its 10-year history
including Dream
of Sleeping (a work commissioned by Dr. Kingman Strohl citing sleeping
stages, positions, disorders and movements),  Memoriate (a poignant work
honoring the elderly and their caregivers), and Offaxis (a solo featuring
company member Joshua Brown that is an exploration of a character),

Inlet Dance Theatre performs at Cleveland Public Theatre’s Gordon Square
Theatre, May 12-15, 2011.  Performances are Thursday through Saturday at
7:30 p.m. and a Sunday matinee at 3:00 p.m.  Tickets are range from $10 -
$25.  Tickets are now available at the Cleveland Public Theatre box office
by calling 216-631-2727 ext. 501.  Cleveland Public Theatre is located at
6415 Detroit Road in Cleveland, Ohio.  Visit www.cptonline.org.