[NEohioPAL] The Moody Blues, Don't Dress for Dinner, 82nd Season: June News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Wed Jun 1 08:28:13 PDT 2011

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  June 2011 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

    * *Happening in June...*
          o *June 3 - June 25* : /DON'T DRESS FOR DINNER/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/dontdress.php>
          o *June 25* : /THE MUSIC OF THE MOODY BLUES/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/cfso-moodyblues.php>
          o *Subscription Sales* begin for CVLT's 82ND SEASON
            <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason>!

    * *Coming in July...*
          o *July 1 - July 16* : /THE 10-10 FESTIVAL OF NEW PLAYS/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/10-10.php>
          o *July 22 - August 20* : /THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/rockyhorror.php>
          o *July 29 - August 13* : /THE SUNSHINE BOYS/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/sunshineboys.php>

      CVLT's 82nd Season is announced, and CFSO rocks The Moody Blues!

CVLT's main stage comes alive with laughter on June 3rd as we bring back
/*DON'T DRESS FOR DINNER
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/dontdress.php>*/, the farce selected by
the Chagrin Valley Times as the area's 'Best Comedy of the Year' when it
was staged at CVLT in 1996. Not only that, but we reveal the details of
our *82nd Consecutive Season* and begin selling money-saving subscriber
packages this month.

If you're a fan of the *MOODY BLUES
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/cfso-moodyblues.php>*, you are in for a
really special treat as the Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra and North
America's #1 Moody Blues tribute band Time Traveller team up for a
Capital Campaign fund-raising concert on June 25
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/cfso-moodyblues.php>. For the first time
ever, Cleveland-area audiences will have the opportunity to enjoy their
favorite Moody Blues tunes performed live with a full symphony
orchestra, produced with professional sound and lighting effects.

We'd also like to extend congratulations to Robert Fortlage, Bob
Abelman, Maureen Brady Johnson, Rollin DeVere, Janis Butler Holm, Gary
Webster, Amy Pelleg, Leo Simone, Jonathan Wilhelm, Cynthia Wilcox and
Sarah Kellogg. These burgeoning playwrights' original short scripts were
selected in a 'blind reading' as the material for the upcoming 10-10
Festival of New Plays <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/10-10.php> which
opens at our River Street Playhouse next month.

Summer is just around the corner, as evidenced by the annual Blossomtime
Festival here in Chagrin. We were happy to participate in the parade
again this year, promoting Don't Dress for Dinner
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/dontdress.php> as well as the July
productions of The Rocky Horror Show
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/rockyhorror.php> and The Sunshine Boys
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/sunshineboys.php>.

And don't forget that Summer sessions for CVLT's *Youth Theatre
<http://www.cvlt.org/youth>* are also close to starting. The first
session runs June 13 - June 25, and the second runs July 11 - July 31.
See http://www.cvlt.org/youth for complete details and registration forms.

Read on for all the details, and keep an eye on CVLT.org
<http://www.cvlt.org>, our Facebook <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
page, or our Twitter <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre> feed for more
info on this performance and other breaking news.

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Don't Dress for Dinner
    <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/dontdress.php>/*

*Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00
June 3 - June 25, 2011*

*by Robin Hawdon
adapted from Marc Camoletti *

Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades

*TICKETS: *$16 regular, $12 student/senior

*Buy tickets online at
http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/dontdress.php
or call 440-247-8955*

Robin Hawdon's /Don't Dress for Dinner/ adapted from the French
playwright Marc Camoletti's Pyjamas Pour Six (a sequel to his
record-breaking Boeing-Boeing), made its Ohio premiere on the Chagrin
Valley Little Theatre stage in 1996. Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades, it
was chosen from several area plays as 'Best Comedy of the Year' by The
Chagrin Valley Times. Now Ms. Rhoades is back to mount a new production
of this hilarious romp, which will open at CVLT on June 3rd.

/Don't Dress for Dinner/ is packed with all the bawdy hijinx that farce
fans expect, and stars a cast of actors who are seasoned in the genre.
Bernard (Adam Young) has made plans for a weekend of extra-marital
affairs at the quaint getaway farmhouse he owns with his wife,
Jacqueline (Jen Klika), while she is out of town. He has invited his
mistress Suzanne (Amy Pelleg) for a few days of fooling around, kicking
off with a romantic dinner prepared by the hired caterer, Suzette (Chris
White). He's also invited his best friend Robert (Don Bernardo) to come
and stay for the weekend. Unbeknownst to Bernard, Jacqueline is equally
bad with monogamy and has her own 'man on the side'. That man happens to
be Robert. When Jacqueline decides to remain at the country house rather
than leaving town as Bernard expected, and the cook's husband George
(Brad Baker) arrives without warning, it's a recipe of spouses, friends,
lovers, and women called 'Suzy' that's custom-made to boil over with laughs.

    */The Music of the Moody Blues
    CFSO + Time Traveller
    <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/cfso-moodyblues.php>/*

*Saturday, June 25 at 8:00*

*/at the Chagrin Falls High School
Performing Arts Center/*
400 East Washington Street in Chagrin Falls
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=400+East+Washington+St.++-+Chagrin+Falls,+Ohio+44022&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.59387,70.488281&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=400+E+Washington+St,+Chagrin+Falls,+Ohio+44022&z=17>

*TICKETS: *$40 reserved
$100 patron with reception & DVD

*Buy tickets online at
http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/cfso-moodyblues.php
or call 440-247-8955*

Cleveland-based Time Traveller <http://www.time-traveller-band.com/>,
North America's #1 Moody Blues tribute band, is collaborating with the
50-piece Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra
<http://www.chagrinfallsstudioorchestra.org/> to produce a show in the
spirit of the famous Moody Blues concert at Red Rocks with the Colorado
Symphony and the Royal Albert Hall with the London Symphony.

CFSO conductor Steve Eva enthusiastically promotes this event as a way
for "mature adults" to relive some of the best music of their youth
while also introducing their kids and grandchildren to "true classic
rock." "This will be a rock concert with an orchestra, not an orchestra
doing a rock concert!" he proudly proclaimed, adding that unlike a
"sterile" orchestra concert, this performance will be fast-paced with no
intermission. "Even my 16-year-old son is psyched about this concert!"

The concert will include three decades of Moody Blues classics,
including "Nights in White Satin," "Ride My See Saw," "Isn't Life
Strange," "Tuesday Afternoon" and "Lovely to See You." The original
orchestral arrangements were not available so Eva commissioned composer,
arranger and jazz trumpeter Ralph Guzzi, a Pittsburgh-based musician
whose credits include numerous PBS and other television specials. In
coordination with expert sound and lighting technician Gary Simmons
(Time Traveller's bass player) Eva has engaged professional and lighting
technicians for the show. The state-of-the-art CFHS Performing Arts
Center, which seats 750 people, will allow Time Traveller and CFSO to
provide all the "power and spectacle of a rock concert."

Tickets are $40 for reserved seats and all proceeds will benefit the
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre Capital Campaign and the Orchestra. Patron
seating, which includes a private post-show reception at Gamekeepers
<http://www.gamekeepers.com/> and West End Bistro
<http://westendchagrin.gamekeepers.com/> as well as a commemorative DVD,
is available for $100. Reserved seat tickets are available for $40.

Subscribe to our 82nd Season and save!

Our 82nd Season features over 20 events and shows to entertain you, and
buying a Season Subscription now saves you money on our 6 Main Stage
productions!

    * *$75 Regular Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage show
      (that's a 25% savings!)
    * *$65 Senior/Student Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage
      show (20% further below the already great senior/student discount!)
    * *$100 Flex Pass Subscription*: EIGHT tickets to use in any
      combination for any of our main stage productions. Maximum savings
      and maximum flexibility for your entertainment dollar!

Individual tickets will not go on sale until September 1, but you can
save money and reserve your space with a subscription right now by
calling the Box Office at (440) 247-8955 or by visiting
http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/index.php>!

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
The 39 Steps (October 7 - 22, 2011)
Scrooge! (November 18 - December 18, 2011)
Enchanted April (January 13 - February 4, 2012)
The Drowsy Chaperone (March 16 - April 14, 2012)
A Night in Provence (June 1 - 23, 2012)
Hairspray (July 20 - August 18, 2012)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
God of Carnage (October 28 - November 12, 2011)
A Tuna Christmas (November 25 - December 10, 2011)
Yankee Tavern (February 10 - 25, 2012)
The Gin Game (April 20 - May 5, 2012)
A Steady Rain (June 29 - July 14, 2012)
Belles: A play in two acts and thirty-nine phone calls (August 10 - 25,
2012)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
Murder by the Falls (September 9 - 10, 2011)
Spotlight on Broadway, featuring the Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra
(September 23 - 25, 2011)
Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook (October 22 - 23, 2011)
Youth Theater Showcase (November 5, 2011)
Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea (December 10 - 11, 2011)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert (December 22 - 23, 2011)
New Year's Eve Show - TBA (December 31, 2011)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert (February 11, 2012)
Youth Theater Show (February 25 - 26, 2012)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Spring Concert (May 12, 2012)

*ENGRAVED BRICK PAVERS!*
Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom-engraved brick paver
ordered for our front entrance sidewalk at http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
*ADVERTISE IN OUR PLAYBILL!*
Get your business or message in front of hundreds of theatergoers at
incredibly low prices. Contact Diane Gotliebowski at ads at cvlt.org
<mailto:ads at cvlt.org> or 440.223.5953!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.