[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio, Street Theatre and New Blog Post about The Pillowman

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Mon Jun 6 01:12:31 PDT 2011

Heads Up Launches Heads Up Arts Radio (HUAR).

HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
arts community of Northeast Ohio.  The show will cover topics ranging
from the state of the arts in NE Ohio to do-it-yourself music
producing to avant-garde theatre to in-depth discussions about
artistic theory.
Upcoming guests include JCK (Maid Myriad), JT Buck (First Grace Arts),
Jeff Holland (Mike and Ike), Tasha Lynn (Via Lotus), Christopher Pepe
(Clear Gold Audio and Lighting), Sharon Pritt (singer/songwriter) Dae
Evans (The Market Path), Jennifer Browning (The Market Path), Robyn
Cooper (PNR Improv) and many more…

Click the link (Heads Up Arts Radio) to listen to the first episode.

Episode 1:  Welcome to Heads Up Productions and Heads Up Arts Radio

Meet the Artistic Directors of Heads Up Productions, an experiment,
research theatre based in Akron, Ohio.

What is the job of the Artistic Director?
How Heads Up Productions was formed
A journey through our past productions
A life changing summer with SITI Company and Anne Bogart
Strange audition techniques
Weekly training sessions– Suzuki, Voice and Ensemble Building!
What Heads Up is looking for in Company Members
It is the mission of Heads Up…
Unique to Akron
Our core values!
Happy Birthday Twins!  (Check out Strickland Services on Facebook!)
Upcoming Show: Summer Series June 10th & 17th at The Market Path at 6pm
Upcoming Show: The Pillowman
Next Podcast:  June 13
SUMMER SERIES
The Market Path in Highland Square (next to Chipotle) is hosting Heads
Up Productions’ Summer Series, a cycle of hour-long performances
devised by Heads Up company members.  Each month from June-August will
feature a new program consisting of a collection of short,
interrelated pieces created by the actors.  The Summer Series will
takes place on the patio outside of The Market Path.

The first program is entitled Art? and will be held Friday, June 10th
and Friday, June 17th at 6 pm, weather permitting.  Admission is free
with a $5 suggested donation.

June’s performances ask, “What is Art?” A question that pervades Heads
Up’s upcoming production of The Pillowman.  There will be six avant-
garde vignettes including:

“On the Street” Interactive Arts Reporting by Margaret Lute

A Heads Up Folktale featuring Greg Grimes, Margaret Lute, Nick Kannel
& Sharon Pritt

Poetry in Movement featuring Nici Romo & Nick Kannel

A Story-Song featuring Eliza Jacops, Greg Grimes & Sharon Pritt

A Composition featuring Eliza Jacops & Nici Romo

A Movement Piece featuring Margaret Lute, Eliza Jacops, Nici Romo,
Greg Grimes, Nick Kannel & Sharon Pritt

Directed by India Burton

Spend a warm summer evening with Heads Up or drop by while “out and
about” for this family-friendly event.

Later Summer Series dates include July 15 & 22 and August 12.
Performances in July and August will investigate themes related to the
work of Heads Up.  All shows in the Summer Series are sponsored by The
Market Path.

The Market Path is a mission and ministry of First Grace United Church
of Christ in Akron, Ohio. Eager to be a unique, welcoming presence in
the Highland Square community, The Market Path has provided a place to
promote social justice, honesty and integrity in the local retail
market.  They are committed to offering fairly traded quality
products, handmade by world and local artisans and local farmers.

  Visit www.headsupproductions.net for more information about Heads Up.

A NEW blog post by Company Member Kim Woodworth about Heads Up
Productions' work on The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh.

Heads Up Productions' is using a new rehearsal method to bring to life
this dark, comedic tale of art and child murder.

"The process of The Pillowman is different than anything I’ve ever
experienced.  We’ll read through a scene, discover our character’s
objective and perform it unmemorized—striving only to achieve that
objective at all costs.  Then we’ll reread through the scene, add in
points we have to hit and perform the scene again.  We do this until
the scene takes on the structure of the text.  If the action doesn’t
work, there is no way we could place beautifully worded text on top of
it—it’d just be a terrific line of bullshit."
Continue reading about the company's process at www.headsupproductions.net