[NEohioPAL] GroundWorks DanceTheater Hires First GM

NBPierce at aol.com NBPierce at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 06:49:39 PDT 2011

GroundWorks DanceTheater  Hires General Manager

Beth Rutkowski to assume responsibilities July 5, 2011;  formerly Managing
Director of the Tri-C Jazz Fest and Beck Center Director  of Education

GroundWorks DanceTheater General Manager Beth  Rutkowski
GroundWorks  DanceTheater is very pleased to announce that Beth Rutkowski
has accepted its offer  to become the company’s first General Manager.   She
will officially assume  administrative responsibilities on July 5th, 2011,
working closely  with Executive Artistic Director David Shimotakahara.
Ms. Rutkowski brings to GroundWorks extensive  experience in arts
administration as the Managing Director of the Tri-C JazzFest  Cleveland from 2005 to
2011, as well as valuable experience as Director of  Education at The Beck
Center for the Arts from 2001 to 2005.  Her undergraduate education is in
music  and she holds a Masters of Business Administration from the University
of  Louisville.  Also for three years  Ms. Rutkowski served as president of
the Cleveland Arts Education Consortium’s  Executive Committee, an arts
education service and networking organization for  over 50 arts and cultural
organizations in Cleveland.
GroundWorks Board President Jack Katzenmeyer is  delighted. “I believe Beth
is the right person for the position. Her arts  management experience and
her knowledge of and positive relationships with the  arts and culture sector
are just what we were hoping to  find.”
GroundWorks has received assistance from the George  Gund Foundation and
the Cleveland Foundation to help build its administrative  capacity. One of
the primary goals of this initiative was the establishment of a  General
Manager position.
Shimotakahara writes, “I would like to express my deep  appreciation to our
Board for their guidance in arriving at this point of our  development.  I
am so grateful to  the Gund and Cleveland Foundations for their responsive
support of our  growth.  This is an important and  happy juncture for
GroundWorks and a hugely positive investment in our  future.”