[NEohioPAL] News from Pinpoint Media

Shawn Rech shawn.rech at pinpointk12.com
Mon Jun 27 18:01:23 PDT 2011

Hi NEOHIOPALers,
A bunch of news from our neighborhood:

NEW TV DEAL

Pinpoint Media has secured a third television deal, this time in the nation's second-largest market: Los Angeles.  "Crime Stoppers Case Files: Southern California" will premier on KCAL (channel 9) on September 17th.  The show will be available in nearly 6 million homes to 13 million viewers.  It, like all of Pinpoint's television offerings, is produced right here in downtown Cleveland.

TITLE CHANGES

"Warrant Unit," Pinpoint's current Cleveland program will have both a new name and a new television home.  It will be re-named, "Crime Stoppers Case Files: Northeast Ohio," and will air in high definition on a station to be named soon.  WOIO/WUAB and Pinpoint parted ways after 3 seasons (78 weeks - 156 airings - 304 captured fugitives and 3 solved cold-case murders).  We will always appreciate the fact that WOIO took a chance on an unknown commodity - giving us our first break in television, and allowing our viewers to improve the streets of Cleveland.

"Crime Stoppers Miami" (CBS-4) is also undergoing a name change, allowing for the Broward County Crime Stoppers organization (as well as other nearby Crime Stoppers') to become involved.  The new title is, "Crime Stoppers Case Files: South Florida."

TWO MORE EMMYS

"Warrant Unit" was again recognized by the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences, Lower Great Lakes Chapter, winning two more EMMYS in a very impressive field of nominees.  The program won for "Community Service" and "Public Service," joining last years EMMY for "Magazine Program/Series."

EDITOR'S/PRODUCERS/SHOOTERS BOOT CAMP
Pinpoint is currently planning for an intensive three day education session for editors, videographers and aspiring producers.  We will show you how we operate, and immerse you into the process - even allowing you to take a stab at editing or producing a segment for one of our CBS programs.  The Boot Camp is free to qualified individuals - some editing experience is required.  We plan on offering paid internships to at least two participants upon completion of the boot camp.  Who knows, maybe you'll find yourself in Miami or Los Angeles re-enacting cold-case murders.  Call Shawn Rech for more info: 216-443-0477 or email shawn at crimestopperstelevision.com  A date will be sent after we hear from interested attendees.

NEW, AWESOME CAMERA FOR RENT

We took the plunge, and purchased the highly-acclaimed new Cinema HD Video Camera, The Panasonic AG AF-100.  We started using it already and the results are very impressive.  If anyone is interested in renting this beast, contact Shawn at Pinpoint.

AWESOME CAMERA FOR SALE

We are selling a Canon 7-D camera.  We have a kit lens as well as extra batteries, an extra charger, and memory cards available.  If interested, make an offer at the email address above.

"FIRST 48" DETECTIVES PRAISE PINPOINT'S CRIME SHOWS

A group of Miami Homicide detectives, made famous by the A & E program "The First 48," recently heaped praise on Pinpoint and our crime-fighting programs.  Here's the clip:  http://www.vimeo.com/25376255

Thanks fellow NEOHIOPALers.

Shawn Rech
Pinpoint Media
1468 West Ninth Street, Suite 300