[NEohioPAL] Olmsted Performing Arts Upcoming Events

SHARON KNAGGS msknaggs92 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 13 09:02:59 PDT 2011

OPA has quite a few events coming up:

Olmsted Performing Arts’ Youth Theater will perform Disney's Sleeping Beauty
Kids on Friday, July 29th at 7 pm and on Saturday, July 30th at 2 pm and at 7
pm.  Performances will be in the 1,200 seat auditorium at Journey Church , 6941
Columbia Road , Olmsted Falls .  Advance tickets (available through noon on July
28th) are $8 for adults and $6 for children ages 4-12 and seniors at
www.olmstedperformingarts.com.  Add $2/ticket at the door.  Lap sitting children
ages 3 and under are free.  Plus, joinSleeping Beauty for a special preshow
event!  Ninety minutes before each performance, we'll have a Royal Makeover for
our youngest guests, including an updo and manicure, as well as a special treat!
This event will sell out, so reserve your tickets early!  Tickets for children
are $15 each!  Children must be accompanied by an adult, but adults do not need
to purchase a ticket.

Olmsted Performing Arts’ Main Stage will perform West Side Story on Friday,
August 12th at 7:30 pm and on Saturday, August 13th at 2 pm and at 7:30
pm.  Performances will be in the 1,200 seat auditorium at Journey Church, 6941
Columbia Road , Olmsted Falls .  Advance tickets (available through noon on
August 11th) are $12 for adults and $8 for children ages 4-12 and seniors at
 www.olmstedperformingarts.com.  Lap sitting children ages 3 and under are
free.  Add $2/ticket at the door.

Olmsted Performing Arts will be performing William Shakespeare’s As You Like it
in various Olmsted Falls locations during the month of August.  A Green Show
performance by members of the cast will precede each show.  Free shows will be
held at Fortier   Park in Olmsted Falls , on Friday, August 5th at 6:30 pm and
Saturday, August 6th at 1:30 pm.  Please park at the Olmsted Falls  library and
follow the path under the bridge, or at the Village Green   Park and enter from
Water Street .  There will also be shows at The Olde Wine Shoppe, 7990 Columbia
Road ,  Olmsted Falls , on Monday, August 1st at 6:30 pm and Saturday, August
6th at 6:30 pm.  Tickets for the Wine Shoppe performances are only $6, or $15
for the show plus wine tasting!  Advance tickets are available at
www.olmstedperformingarts.com.

Auditions for Olmsted Performing Arts' fall Main Stage production, The Wizard of
Oz (like you’ve never seen it done before!), will be held Sunday, August 14th
beginning at 9:00 am at the Olmsted Community Center, 8170 Mapleway Drive,
Olmsted Falls.  Auditions are open for all actors ages 5 through college.  The
actor should come prepared to sing 16 measures (no CDs, please).
 An accompanist will be provided.  Actors should be dressed for dance auditions
(no jeans permitted) at 1:00 pm.  Call backs for selected actors will begin at
2:00 p.m.  Rehearsals will be at the Olmsted Community Center .  You may sign up
for an audition slot, and read the Rehearsal and Attendance policy, at
www.olmstedperformingarts.com/audition.php.

Olmsted Performing Arts' mission is to instruct, develop, and advance acting,
music, and dance skills, to edify and positively affect all individuals involved
in our organization, and to motivate staff, students, and volunteers to work at
their best ability. We seek to serve the community with quality and affordable
entertainment and to create a safe environment. Our practices are designed to
build character, build confidence, build relationships, and encourage creative
expression. Our goal is to operate a successful organization without
compromising our values.  Olmsted Performing Arts was founded by a group of
parent-volunteers in 2003.  Currently, it offers Main Stage, Youth Theater, and
Dance Team performances throughout the year, as well as dance and theater
classes.  Performances take place in the auditorium of the Journey Church , a
1,200 seat venue.