[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: "Lonely Planet" - Monday & Tuesday

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Thu Aug 4 06:55:24 PDT 2011

  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - Auditions

    For more details, visit www.CVLT.org <http://www.cvlt.org/> or call
    440-247-8955 (Mon-Sat, 1-6 PM)

      Announcing auditions for /Lonely Planet/

In Steven Dietz' play, Jody owns and runs a map store, which he seldom
leaves. Carl, his longest friend, comes and goes as his various
professions need him. Written in 1995, Lonely Planet is an AIDS play
that never mentions "AIDS." This is not your typical "Everyone has AIDS
and we are all dying" play so often associated this disease. Instead it
is the struggle between two courses of thought: should we hide ourselves
away from the world and all of its imperfections or should we fully
immerse ourselves and hopefully make a difference? Full of witty, snappy
and, at times, poignant dialogue, this play is the perfect challenge for
to adventurous and adept actors.

*Show Dates:* October 28 - November 12, 2011
Fridays & Saturdays at 8

*Audition Dates: *

*Monday, August 8, 2011 - 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - 7:30pm to 9:30pm*
Callbacks: (If necessary) Thursday, August 11, 2011 @ 7:30pm-9:30pm

*CHARACTERS: *
JODY: 30s-40s (Should be older than Carl). A recluse of sorts, his
obsession with maps is his "window" to the world outside.
CARL: 30s, a quick witted and energetic "man about town."  He is Jody's
oldest customer and friend who also becomes his catalyst to finally
leaving the store.

*NOTE ABOUT CASTING:*
The director is looking for two enthusiastic and uninhibited actors.
Actors able to play 30s-40s, all races and looks are encouraged to audition.

*AUDITIONS: *Please come prepared to read from the script and to do some
improv. While not "necessary," a one-minute, memorized monologue would
be greatly appreciated by the director. Resumes and headshots welcome,
but not required.

Directed by David Malinowski

FACEBOOK.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
TWITTER.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and is supported by the Ohio
Arts Council.

  CVLT.org - 440.247.8955

--

Drew Rothman