[NEohioPAL] SPACES seeks volunteers for Capitalism Project

Sarah Beiderman sbeiderman at spacesgallery.org
Mon Aug 22 18:23:54 PDT 2011

SPACES is looking for volunteers starting Tuesday, August 23 - Tuesday,
August 30, related to internationally known experimental artist Steve
Lambert's new project, Capitalism Works for Me:
http://www.spacesgallery.org/project/capitalism-works-for-me

The project involves a 20-foot long sign that allows viewers to vote "true"
or "false" in response to the sign's statement "Capitalism Works for Me".
The sign will mostly reside in the gallery at SPACES, but will travel around
the Cleveland area, visiting different communities to gather feedback and
start a dialogue about capitalism. Later this fall, the sign will begin a
year-long tour of cities across the country.

We are looking for lovely people interested in *having some fun with this
project*, which includes:

-finish putting the sign together, including painting, wiring, running
errands, installing in gallery (no previous experience necessary; this
happens at SPACES)
-take the sign on field trips around Cleveland, which involves:
a conversation about the project and Capitalism*, hanging out with Steve
(this happens around town)

Please contact (me) Sarah Beiderman at SPACES at:
sbeiderman at spacesgallery.org OR 440-935-1787 if you or anyone you know is
interested!

Thanks!
Sarah
--
Sarah Beiderman
Manager, SPACES World Artist Program

SPACES
2220 Superior Via.
Cleveland, OH 44113
SPACES office/fax: 216.621.2314
To reach Sarah Beiderman, use direct line: 440.935.1787
www.SPACESgallery.org

Facebook: facebook.com/spacesfans
Twitter: twitter.com/spacesgallery