[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Child Actor - LCCC Theatre

Jeremy Benjamin jbenjami at lorainccc.edu
Wed Aug 24 06:01:50 PDT 2011

LCCC Theatre is seeking a young actor to play the role of Astyanax is our
upcoming production of Euripides' Greek tragedy THE TROJAN WOMEN, which runs
November 3 - 5 with performances at 7:30 pm and a possible additional
matinee on Saturday, November 5th at 2 pm.

Auditions will be held on Tuesday, September 6 and Wednesday, September 7 at
7:00 pm

The actor playing this role should be 8 years old or appear to be 8 years
old.  He also needs to be light enough to be carried easily by a soldier.
Ideally this boy should have curly hair, preferably blond. But this can be
managed with a wig, if necessary.

This actor will have minimal rehearsal calls and the only word we need to
hear is ³mother²  or  ³Momma.²  He has no other lines to memorize.  We will
arrange rehearsal times so that he is not out late.  However during the
final week of rehearsals and the performances he will be up late.

Please be aware that this play deals with the horrors of war and the
character is killed (offstage) during the play and is carried on by a
soldier.  The actor playing this little boy needs to be able to totally
relax and play ³dead.²

Please contact Jeremy Benjamin, Interim Director of Theatre at
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu 440-366-7120 or Dave Cotton, Director at
deltachaz at oh.rr.com or 440-988-8744 with any questions.  Full audition
details may be found online at www.lorainccc.edu/auditions

Jeremy K. Benjamin
Interim Director of Theatre
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer
Lorain County Community College
(440) 366-7120
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu

³After all of our studies we acquire only that which we put into practice.²

-Goethe