[NEohioPAL] New Fine Arts Classes and Programming at West Side YMCAs!

Caitlin Lewins caitlinlewins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:32:08 PDT 2011

*West Park-Fairview Family YMCA, Lakewood Family YMCA, and Ridgewood Family
YMCA (Parma) * have a variety of *New Fine Arts Classes* aimed at advancing
your children’s and teen’s innovative and creative thinking! We aspire to
enrich youth development through positive expression in the performing and
visual arts.

*Our programming is extremely inexpensive:* all of our new classes are only
$20 for members and $40 for program members! The classes are one day a week
and run for 5 weeks.

*Classes include:*

*Art and Audio:* Ever wonder how they make music and sound for movies and
plays? Audio is an art, learn the basics to create your own sound effects
and edit music for live dance, theatre, and movies.

*Intro to Acting/Theatre Basics: *Let your inner actor shine through! Learn
basic acting techniques and play fabulous theater games! You'll cover
monologues, scene study, some technical theatre basics and more!

*Showstoppers Dance Party!:* Love the Theatre? Dance moves from Music
Videos? Come learn the basic fundamentals including dance moves from Glee,
High School Musical, and other popular Music Videos!

*Cartoon Craze:* Have you always wanted to know how to draw your favorite
animated characters? Come learn basic drawing techniques and replicate tons
of characters from popular cartoons and animated movies!

Contact Caitlin Lewins, Fine Arts Coordinator, for more information at
clewins at clevelandy.org or (216) 941-5410.