[NEohioPAL] Western Reserve Playhouse presents the mystery PANIC by Joseph Goodrich

Marie Dusini mardus at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 25 10:32:59 PDT 2011

         WESTERN  RESERVEPLAYHOUSE ENDS ITS SEASON WITH

                                             PANIC  by
                                         Joseph Goodrich
                            September 9, 10, 16, 17, 23 & 24th

It’s Paris, 1963 and director Henry Lockwood (played by Al Klesh) has come to
the City of Lightsfor the premiere of his latest film, Panic.  Accompanied on
the trip by his wife Emma (Rosalie Stremple) and his secretary Miriam (Beth
Lee), Lockwood expects nothing more than to enjoy another success and to bask in
the adulation of young film critic Alain Duplay (Brian Westerly).  But when
Lockwood is accused of a hideous crime by a seemingly unknown person (Kayleigh
Joyce) – a crime that could destroy his career and marriage-- he is forced to
confront the truth about himself and those closest to him.  Lockwood, known the
world over as “the Sultan of Suspense.” is caught in a nightmare straight out of
one of his own films.

Panic is a mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end.  In 2008
author Joseph Goodrich received the Edgar Allen Poe Award for Best Play from the
Mystery Writers of Americafor Panic.  Director, Jan Futhey, is back at WRP after
directing last season’s highly successful mystery Postmortem.  She has directed
many shows at Brecksville Little Theatre and was at the helm of Broadview
Spotlights Theatre’s 2010 production of On Golden Pond.  She has served on the
board of Brecksville Little Theatre for many years and has been involved in
every aspect of community theatre.

Al Klesh, Rosalie Stremple and Brian Westerly all return to the WRP stage in
this production.   Al Klesh was seen most recently in the lead of God’s Favorite
and Brian Westerly was last seen on our stage in Arsenic and Old Lace.   Rosalie
Stremple has appeared in several WRP productions and we welcome her back after a
long absence.  Beth Lee and Kayleigh Joyce are new to our stage although they
have appeared in many productions in surrounding community theatres.

Bobbie Birch is stage manager for Panic ably assisted by Kathy Duffy, Ruth
Ackerman and Tom Cuffe backstage.  Gary Marton is handling the light and sound
duties.  Rounding out the crew is  Diane Grespacker as French Coach, Deb Sweat
as Fight Choreographer, Sue Jeromeson as bookholder, Sue Snyder as tech leader
and Walt Kaminski again as set designer.  Marie Dusini is the producer.

Ticket prices:   Adults  $11.00    Seniors & Students  $10.00
 OPENING NIGHT SPECIAL -  Buy One Ticket, Get Second Ticket for $6.00
Credit card purchases are now available as a pre-sale or at the Box Office.

Curtain Time:           8:00 p.m.  Fridays and Saturdays

Reservations:           330-620-7314

Western ReservePlayhouse is located at 3326 Everett Roadat the Bath/Richfield
township line in SummitCounty.  When traveling on I-77 use exit 143.  At the top
of the ramp, when traveling from either the North or the South, turn left onto
Wheatly Roadand drive approximately 1 mile to Revere Road, Turn right onto
Revere Road
and drive one half mile into our parking lot on Everett Road.  We are located in
the big gray barn.