[NEohioPAL] Oliver! Auditions at Near West Theatre

Sara Radak sarahartong at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 14:34:32 PDT 2011

Auditions
 for Ages 7 & Up

OLIVER!

September 6, 7 & 8
(Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
 Children (ages 7-12): 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Teens & Adults: 8:00 to 10:30 p.m.

This is a group audition.  Come one of these evenings.
Plan to stay for the entire time specified.

Audition Location: St. Patrick's Club Building
West 38th St. & Bridge Ave. in Ohio City

Arrive 15 minutes early to register
Anyone arriving after the starting time will not audition that day.
About the Show:
Music, lyrics and book by Lionel Bart
Licensed by arrangement with Oliver Productions,
Ltd. and Oliver Promotions, Ltd.

Oliver! isn't obvious feel-good fare: workhouse boy is mistreated, sold into de facto slavery, escapes, finds himself in the clutches of a miserly fence who
exploits homeless children, is arrested, becomes entangled and
threatened by an East End villain, and witnesses a brutal murder. But
somehow, the whole thing is PURE MAGIC. The perfect family/holiday
outing with hit songs like, "Consider Yourself," "Where is Love" and "As Long As He Needs Me."

If
 you have enjoyed our two seasons of THEATRE-IN-THE-ROUND, you won't
want to miss this final production in that setting. Starting with our
first 2012 show, we will be back to the traditional seating arrangement.
 GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY FOR THIS ONE. IT IS SURE TO SELL OUT!!!
 About the Audition:
   Looking to build a large, racially & ethnically diverse cast of characters.  All roles are open.  No experience necessary.  No prepared material needed.  A relaxed, playfuland friendly atmosphere.  Wear comfortable clothing &shoes for dancing so you can move easily.

Group audition process.  Actors are led through multiple improvisational exercises including acting, movement and singing.

Rehearsals begin Sunday, September 18, 2011
The show runs November 18 - December 4, 2011

OLIVER! Casting Information

NEAR WEST THEATRE IS AUDITIONING TO BUILD A LARGE, DIVERSE CAST FOR ITS UPCOMING MUSICAL PRODUCTION OF CHARLES DICKENS' OLIVER!  The Company of actors will be multi-racial and intergenerational.  This will be a extravagantly produced production, dark and fierce, staged in the round, with set design by Laura Carlson, choreography by Stephanie
Morrison-Hrbek and direction/musical direction by Bob Navis Jr. This show is our Thanksgiving and Christmas Season Holiday Sensation!!!

We are casting 30 children, boys and girls, between the ages of 7 and 12.  In addition, we are casting 25 or more teens and adults.  ALL ROLES ARE OPENin this twisted tale of survival, opportunism and the search for a safe and loving family.

THE CAST INCLUDES:
 OLIVER TWIST
A workhouse boy. Age range approx. 8-13.
MR BUMBLE
 A large pompous man around 55 yrs old.
WIDOW CORNY
A sharp-tongued, lusty and domineering
widow. About 50 yrs old. She is the Workhouse Mistress.
NOAH CLAYPOE
The Undertaker's mean-spirited, pimply apprentice.
MR SOWERBERRY
The Undertaker.
MRS SOWERBERRY
His Overseer and wife.
CHARLOTTE SOWERBERRY
 Their sluttish young daughter.
THE ARTFUL DODGER
Fagin's brightest pupil-pickpocket. An undersized 18.
FAGIN
An elderly receiver - runs training academy for young pickpockets.
NANCY
A graduate of Fagin's academy and Bill's doxy.
CARLES BATES
Dodger's assistant.
BET
A young teen lass in Fagin's establishment. Idolizes Nancy.
OLD SALLY
An elderly Pauper.
OLD LADY
BILL SYKES
A villain in his prime.
STRAWBERRY SELLER, KNIFE GRINDER, MILK SELLER, FLOWER GIRL
              Vendors with major vocal quartet.
MRS BEDWIN
The Brownlow's Housekeeper.
MR BROWLOW
An old gentleman of wealth and breeding.
DR GRIMWIG
 A befuddled old Physician.

THE INTERGENERATIONAL COMPANY.......
     Plays both Poor and Wealthy London Street People, Workhouse Orphans, Fagin's Gang, Bow Street Runners, Watchmen, Workhouse Assistants, Funeral Parlour Ghouls, Street vendors (Criers) etc.