[NEohioPAL] The Salem Youth Chorus

Jon Simsic jon_simsic at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 17:59:35 PDT 2011

Auditions for the Salem Youth Chorus 2011-2012 season
The Salem Youth Chorus is currently accepting auditions for the 2011-2012 season.  The Salem Youth Chorus was founded in 2007 in order to provide teens and collegiate young adults in the greater Salem and Youngstown, OH area with the opportunity to sing great choral music as crafted by the compositional masters.  Our music program proudly attracts young persons from communities throughout Columbiana and Mahoning counties.
In addition to our local concerts, the ensemble tours every summer.  As part of our 2008 summer tour, the Salem Youth Chorus sang a concert at Bruton Parish Church in Colonial Williamsburg, VA and then sang Choral Evensong at The Washington National Cathedral in DC. In July of 2009, we traveled to NYC and sang at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine. The SYC was the guest choir in 2010 and 2011 for the annual Boar’s Head and Yule Log Festival at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Youngstown and will return for the 2012 Festival. We have recorded four CD’s, Morning Has Broken, Evening Reflections, A Festival of Lessons and Carols and a new release, Sing a New Song. The ensemble was a prizewinner in the 2010 national music competition, The American Prize. In August of 2010, the SYC traveled to Cathedrals in England, Ireland and Wales for concerts and Choral Evensong. In the summer of 2011, the ensemble performed at Cathedrals in PA, NY and Toronto,
 Canada. In the summer of 2012, the ensemble will embark on a much anticipated return to the United Kingdom. All tour, flight, lodging and ground transportation expenses are covered by the organization for ensemble members.
If you have a passion for singing and challenging music, love having fun in an intense, supportive ensemble environment, and want to see the world(!), contact the Salem Youth Chorus at 330.607.6320 for further information and to schedule an audition.