[NEohioPAL] Auditions for The Philadelphia Story at Lake Erie College Sept 13 and 14

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:51:43 PDT 2011

Auditions!!!!!

Everyone is invited to audition for our upcoming production of the comedy THE PHILADELPHIA STORY!

There are many roles for both men and women, and every size from lead-to-non-speaking extras.

I will need a minimum of 7 women and 10 men to fill all of the roles.

Auditions will be September 13 at 6pm, and September 14 at 4pm.

Call backs will be September 15 at 6pm.

There will be an organizational meeting September 16, at 6pm.

There will be an informational pizza party September 8 at 3:15pm. (everyone welcome!)

All of  these events will be in the C.K. Rickel Theatre, on the campus of Lake Erie College, with parking on Gillett Street.

THE PHILADELPHIA STORY  is a romantic comedy that tells the story of young woman on the verge of her second marriage beset on all sides with suitors, opinionated family members, and paparazzi.

Here are a few of the main characters:

FEMALE:
Tracy Lord, 20s, strong-willed, about to marry her second husband

Margaret Lord, 50s or 60s, Tracy's mother, very traditional and loving

Dinah Lord, 12 or so, Tracy's younger sister, very precocious and well-spoken, makes a lot of trouble

Liz Imbrie, 20s or so, photographer, working with Mike covering the wedding

MALE;
C.K Dexter Haven, 20s, urbane and witty, Tracy's first husband

George Kitterage, 30s, hard working and industrious, Tracy's fiancé

Mike Connor, 30s, reporter and writer, big social conscience, covering the wedding with Liz

Seth Lord, 50s or 60s, very wealthy, Tracy's father, estranged from he family due to his affair with a dancer

Uncle Willie Lord, 50s or 60s, Tracy's uncle, funny elder statesman of the family, a bit of a dirty old man

Plus, other smaller roles for men and women, servants, wedding guests, etc. . .

PLUS:  we also need backstage helpers, stage hand, board operators, etc.  If you want to help out, email me immediately.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Jerry C. Jaffe, PhD
Assistant Professor of Theatre
Lake Erie College
Painesville, Oh 44077

440-375-7451
jjaffe at lec.edu

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR