[NEohioPAL] September Calendar & News from Adam Cord, finger-style guitarist

Janelle janelle at squarepegpromotions.com
Sun Sep 4 06:13:23 PDT 2011

"Hello, all

As I bid farewell to the summer of 2011, all I can say is "Whew, that was a
busy one."  Concerts, conventions, and workshops everywhere from Nashville
to Milwaukee kept me hopping.  Now I am busy re-introducing myself to
reality, and that means I'm out performing a little around here again.
Here's how September looks:

Sunday, Sep. 11:  Springfield Baptist Church, 1920 Krumroy Rd., Akron, OH
10:40am-  One of the last places I played in Ohio before I moved to
Wisconsin a few years ago was Springfield Baptist.  I was delighted to get a
call just last week from Pastor Baldridge inviting me to play a concert in
the morning service again.  www.springfieldbaptist-church.org
<http://www.springfieldbaptist-church.org/>

Friday, Sep. 23:  Grace Baptist Church, 5915 Rhodes Road, Kent, OH  7pm-
Every year, the Kent Folk Festival takes over the town.  On Friday evenings,
there are a whole series of concerts all up and down Rt. 59 and this year,
Grace Baptist has joined as an official venue for the Folk Festival.  No one
would describe me as a folk singer (or any type of singer, for that matter)
but that has apparently not stopped me from getting an invitation to play.
I suppose I'll be able to play some Leo Kottke and John Fahey stuff and that
will satisfy my folk requirements.   www.graceinkent.org
<http://www.graceinkent.org/>

Saturday, Sep. 24:  Peninsula Public Library, 6105 Riverview Road,
Peninsula, OH  3pm-  This is an afternoon concert that I'm hoping to hold
outside if weather permits.  Peninsula's reputation used to be "that little
town you'd better not speed through on your way to Richfield Coliseum."  No,
I am not speaking from experience, although I did once have the clutch in my
car burn out in Peninsula on my way to see Eric Clapton at the
aforementioned Coliseum.  However, it now is known for its cool little art
galleries and exhibits, and this library concert is part of one of those
"art weekend" sort of events.

Also, don't forget that Phil Keaggy will be performing at the Chapel in
Akron on September 30.  http://www.philkeaggy.com/tour.aspx.  If you like me
or anything about my playing then you should come out to see Phil to see
where I stole most of it from.

There is also a great fingerstyle guitar tour coming to the House of Blues
in Cleveland on Oct. 23 featuring Andy McKee, Stephen Bennett, and Antoine
Dufour.  I'm not as familiar with Dufour but I know that McKee and Bennett
are excellent, so if you're inclined it will be worth checking out.
http://www.livenation.com/event/050046DC86D977E9?wt.mc_id=dm-7050419
<http://www.livenation.com/event/050046DC86D977E9?wt.mc_id=dm-7050419&p=4293
1770&camefrom=LNC_b7050419_c42931770>
&p=42931770&camefrom=LNC_b7050419_c42931770

Blessings,
AC

www.adamcord.com

dissonantcord at hotmail.com

(330) 794-4408

To book Adam Cord in concert, please contact:

Janelle Hannum Schmidt

330.806.6520

janelle at squarepegpromotions.com

Janelle Hannum Schmidt

330.806.6520

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can
by what others say about him." -- Leo Aikman